T

Sonic would come and go, he preferred to do missions by himself or with Tails.

However, most of the time Tails would refuse since he was already busy enough fixing his machines.

Amy was the exception, however.

Without anyone knowing, Sonic and Amy would go on missions together.

It was nice, actually. Sonic and she will go on different missions and their chemistry was perfect.

Everyone was starting to feel like things were going back to normal with Amy. She seemed more like her usual self and although they didn't know why they were happy for her pink friend.

"So, you are never going to tell him?" Cream asked her best friend. They were currently eating outside the Resistance, having a small picnic under a tree.

"I don't think I can anymore. It will just make things awkward and he already has someone." Amy added as she took a bite of her sandwich.

"I think that the best way to move forward is to completely close the chapter you want to leave behind...unfinished problems will always come back in the next chapter and you know that."

Amy knew that Cream was right. Just like in books, unfinished problems will always come back.

"This is isn't a book however Cream... I am sorry but you can't convince me. I will never tell him-"

"Who's him?"

Amy and Cream almost chocked in their sandwiches as they noticed the presence of Shadow the Hedgehog behind them.

"Who are you hiding secrets from now?" Shadow questioned as he sat next to his pink best friend.

"Um...It's um-" Amy looked at Cream, looking for help from her friend.

"Oh, wow! Look at the hour!" Cream said as she stood up from the grass. "I gotta go but we aren't done talking about Sonic!"

Cream gave Amy an idea and she smiled at her. "That's right! I can't tell him that I ate his chili dog, he would get so angry." Amy faked laughed but Shadow just smirked proudly at her. Anything that made the life od the blue miserable made him happy.

Cream left the two alone, and Shadow didn't ask any more about Amy's issues.

"So, why are you here Shadow?" Amy questioned.

"We haven't talked in a while Rose," Shadow said as he looked inside the picnic basket. "And no 'Shads' anymore?

Shadow questioned Amy's use of words, he looked at her and strangely saw a smile on her face. She would usually call him 'Shads' and he didn't mind. What he found strange was that she wasn't doing that anymore.

"Oh, sorry, I just don't find it amusing to call you that anymore." She didn't realize that and Amy saw this as a sign that she was moving on. Explaining the sudden smile.

Shadow was more concerned but instead of creating a problem out of something small, he instead took a bite of the sandwiches she made, not minding she was still going to continue eating

"Hey, I was still going to eat that!"

Shadow was surprised, Amy never really had care before. "You never cared if ate your food before, what changed?"

"I was saving some for-" Amy stopped herself. "Nevermind, eat all you want."

Shadow didn't question her, it was strange nonetheless the way she was acting. It seemed like nobody but him noticed it.