Sweet Sound☽38☾

Start from the beginning

Isabel glanced at it before setting Hope down next to Rose who she seemed to like sleeping next to the most. She stood up and grabbed the plate. "Grilled cheese, huh? What a chef you are."

Jackson laughed at her obvious sarcasm. "Well, I don't like to brag."

Isabel gave him a small smile- the best she could make as she was still recovering from Kol's second death from a week ago. She sat the plate on her nightstand so she could start putting away Rose and Hope's toys that they had been playing with on both the floor and the bed before she ate the food.

"You know, I can help you with Hope and Rose, right? If you want to take a break sometime, I'm good with kids."

"I missed six months of their life. And I'm used to doing it myself since I've done this with Rose. I don't mind it." She smileed gently at him. "Thanks for the offer though."

Jackson smiled back and turned to leave, but Isabels voice stopped him.

"Hey, Jack. You've been distant lately... what's up?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just trying to get the wolves back into the Quarter."

"You do realize I'm not a fool right? I know what "busy" is, and I know what "trying to keep busy" is. I've barely seen you."

Jackson looked a little guilty as he realized how much distance he's put between the two of them. "Yeah, and I'm sorry for that. I just don't want you to feel... obligated to me. This marriage... And I wanted to give you space since Kols death."

Isabel looked back at Hope and Rose to see the two sleeping peacefully and she took a hold of Jacksons hand before walking out her door and looking up at him as she closed it behind her. "Listen to me, Jack. I don't need this much space and I want to make us work. I want to try. It doesn't have to be an obligation." Looking up at his deep brown almost black eyes she noticed the slight tilt to his head and awakened posture. She cleared her throat awkwardly at the realization of what he meant. "You were talking about sex, weren't you?" She asked almost quietly.

Jackson, also feeling awkward, directed his attention to the floor. "Look, the Unification ritual worked. But, we still have to live as husband and wife."

"This isn't something that we have to be shy about. But Jack..." she sighed. "I'm not ready. And when I am. You'll be the first to know. I promise."

Isabel placed her gentle hands on his face and looked him in the eyes before leaning in but the two were interrupted when Hope started crying.

Isabel dropped her hands and sighed before saying, "I should go and feed Hope."

Isabel gave Jackson a guilty and slightly disappointed smile before going into the nursery to check on Hope leaving Jackson alone. He sighed, also disappointed, and turned before leaving.

≪≫•≪≫•≪≫

Isabel stood in the nursery, holding a shrieking Hope who refused to go to sleep because she wanted to stay up and play with Rose even though it was her nap time.

"Shhh." Isabel tried to quite Hopes loud shrieking. "Shhh. It's okay baby girl, I'm here." Hope quieted down a bit at her mothers voice but she was still fussy. "Yeah. Shhh. It's okay."