Chapter 1

"No, no. I didn't say that." I shake my head before holding back my laughter.

The smile on my face can't be missed.

It's too hard to hide when she's staring at me like that. All gooey eyed and excited.

"Yes you did! You said if I win, we'll try for another one." She smiles.

I bend down to kiss her forehead before pulling her closer to me.

"I don't know Re. Maybe when Allison turns five." I raise my eyebrow at her which she returns with a pout.

"That's next week." She whines.

"Exactly." I smirk and she looks up at me.

"Really?"

"I want a boy this time." I raise my eyebrow at her expectantly.

Victoria smiles and nods before biting her lip.

I tug on her chin.

"Me too."

"Daddy!" I turn my head to see Allison calling out to me and Victoria sighs.

"Daddy!"

"Go." Victoria smiles tiredly.

"No, but-"

"Daddy! wake up! Dad!"

I feel a heavy weight jumping on my chest and I groan as I peel one of my eyes open to see Allison jumping up and down on the bed.

I grown tiredly before closing my eyes again.

"Daddy, daddy we made canpakes for you!"

I half smile and sit up to pull Allison into my arms and she squeals loudly before bursting into fits of giggles.

Her brown hair momentarily drapes over my face but I'm not bothered.

"Sssh Ally." I mumble as I lay her down and close my eyes in hopes of falling back to sleep.

"But your breakfast will get cold." She moans.

I pretend to snore and she giggles.

"No daddy, you're not sleeping." She pokes my nose and then plays with my eyebrows.

I open my eyes slightly to see the concentration fall on her face. She bites her lip and I close my eyes.

I don't know why but she always seems to play with my fucking eyebrows.

"Ally, are you ready for nursery?" I smile at her and she nods before sitting up.

"Get up we made canpakes for breakfast!"

"Pancakes." I correct tiredly.

"Pancakes." She mocks causing a bit of spit to come flying onto my face.

I close my eyes briefly before wiping it away and chuckling.

"Kiss?" I pout and she grabs my face and screws her tiny nose at me.

"Prickles!" She gasps.

I kiss her plumped cheeks instead. "Go downstairs. Daddy needs to get changed, okay?"

"Otay Daddy. Hurry!" She nods and quickly runs out of the room as I push the blankets off me.

"And be careful running going down those stairs." I call out.

I reach over to the side table to grab my antidepressant pills. Just like yesterday, I decide to pass it by.

I've been fine lately.