Hikari

"WHATHEDFGHSK. WHATSFGCV." Shinwon screamed.

"What did you to him?" Wooseok asked, horrified.

"I didn't do anything," The Ballad stated. "They bring people in like that... when they struggle too much." He sighed, not liking it either.

"They..." N began. "Your 'business partners'?" He made air quotes with his hands.

The Ballad nodded. "I mean, they are my actual business partners."

What kind of people... N thought.

"What are you going to do to him?" Wooseok asked quietly, too curious for his own good.

"My gift..." The Ballad spat. "I will take his voice." And with that affirmation, The Ballad immediately began to work, moving briskly and purposely toward Hoetaek. Once he reached him, he placed his hands gently, but securely around his neck. The veins across Hoetaek's throat began turning black. Hoetaek's eyes flashed open and he choked from the pain, struggling to breath against The Ballad's hold.

"He's alive," Wooseok said surprised.

"Stop! You're hurting him!" Shinwon said, taking a step toward The Ballad, knowing this wasn't right. But N pulled his rifle from behind his back and aimed it at Shinwon before he could move any further.

Wooseok looked between The Ballad's torture and Shinwon's life being threatened. He stared straight into N's eyes, his face full of disbelief and confusion, telling N everything he was already thinking.

Why am I doing this? Why am I letting this happen? I've seen messed up stuff, but this... I've seen The Ballad go into this room so many times this week alone...

N put his rifle down. I'm not meant for this.

He lifted his rifle back up toward The Ballad and shot him.

-

I'm dying. Omg I'm dying and I'm gonna die.

Yuto drove home feeling insanely guilty and paranoid something bad was about to happen. He ignored his supplement at work, pocketing the pill into his suit jacket instead.

What will protect me from disease now? Yuto thought. Yanan just wants to kill me, doesn't he? Omg I'm gonna die. I'm going to get diabetes or something...

The tiny white object felt all too present, an enormous responsibility, a weight on his heart. Why me?

His thoughts raced until he finally reached his apartment where he heated up some ramen to help him cool down. Following his routine, he got ready for bed, brushed his teeth, and texted Hyunggu good night.

As he rested his head on his pillow and placed a blanket over himself, he felt completely fine- much to Yuto's lowkey dissatisfaction.

Maybe it was a prank. Maybe Yanan is actually insane...

He drifted off to sleep.

But in the morning when he woke up, he was more confused than ever.

...Did I just dream?

-

"What the-" Everything felt hazy and slow. My head...

"He's awake omghdhsksk. He's waking upsdhsdhsk."

"Bro, stop freaking out."

"Maybe we should let him rest..."

"Tell us who you really are."