Engine

"Hey, hey!" A voice interrupted Yuto from his work. He looked up to see a tall- practically as tall as him- man whose baby face hid the fact that he was older by a couple years and mismatched his blunt, irritated tone. "Your eye is bleeding. Like a lot."

Yuto reached his hand up to his right eye and felt the warm sticky fluid, then saw his fingertips saturated in red as he brought his hand down. "Oh, thank you," he replied. I didn't even notice, he thought.

The man looked at him sympathetically. "Don't stare too hard at the screens."

"Yanan!" The man turned his at the voice calling at him across the hall, Yuto's gaze following with him. It's that guy. Who is he again? Changoose? Chang-

"Gu," the senior smiled, much better matching the softness in his face, as he walked away, giving a last nod to Yuto as a goodbye. Kino appeared having trailed behind Changgu, stopping to pack up a bunch of camera equipment. They must have filmed something, Yuto assumed...

.

"I missed seeing you," Changgu said to Yanan. They were best friends at the same company, but worked in completely different departments- Yanan, a coder who worked on the top floor where all the screens were located, and Changgu, a technician who monitored the control panels in the basement. The only times they ever saw each other was when they needed Changgu, the company's model employee, to film upstairs.

Not one to waste time with pleasantries, especially with Changgu who already knew this about him as well as that he cared for him even when he didn't make small talk back, Yanan got straight to the point in asking what he'd been meaning to say the next time he saw Changgu. "Did you hear anything from Hoetaek?"

Changgu's smile faltered. "No," he admitted.

Yanan sighed, "I thought he would've said goodbye to you at least." Changgu's ears turned red.

"I mean, you were both engineers," Yanan went on theorizing, pacing across the lobby. "You would've been closer."

"Right," Changgu said.

"Aaahh! I don't like this!" Yanan vented. "How can people leave and not tell their friends?"

"First Hyojong transfers." Hyunggu looked up, mid-packing.

"I know!" Yanan burst, still pacing. Though Changgu then grabbed him by the arm to walk him to his desk so they wouldn't be yelled at for not working. "I don't like it when I'm left out!"

"It's okay, calm down..."

.

The lobby cleared with just Hyunggu left. He strapped the now having been zipped up for awhile camera bag on his shoulder and walked over to Yuto, only upon seeing him up close, shout, "Your eye is bleeding!"

Yuto looked up from his typing. "Oh, yeah." I forgot already.

Hyunggu reached up to touch Yuto's face. His hand brushed by Yuto's eye, causing his skin to sting, the pain now more noticeable. "Oh my god, this actually hurts."

"Um, yeah!" Hyunggu said, moving his hand away quickly, shocked. "You should get it cleaned!"

"But I'm sending an email."

"Just go to the bathroom! I can cover for you."

"Ok, ok." Yuto said, rushing to the bathroom, Hyunggu replacing his seat. He stared at the keyboard and screen in front of him, the glowing dark blue cursor blinking mid word. "Formal reminder that our monthly maintenance check will happen tonight, every 10th at 10pm. Please do not be alarmed by the sud-"