4. Smurf

"I win, Missy" He replies with the cockiest smile possible.

"What the FU¢K!!!!" I glare in anger at the person in front of me as the cold liquid drips down my entire body.

A sadistic smile lingers in Verner's lips as he keeps staring at me.
My anger boils thinking how sick his games to harass me have become while simultaneously I try to launch a full-blown punch on his face. But as my luck would have it, my feet slips in the tiled floor beside the pool and I raise my hand in search of something to stop me from falling butt-first.

Unfortunately, Verner catches me in time and grins again, "There.. Careful now, Preston, don't want others to see a bonus spectacle for no reason"

"How dare you!" I yell out and free my hand from him to throw him that punch I had planned before. Instead, my movement makes my feet skid again and this time even Verner isn't able to stop me from falling.
That is because, while falling off, even though Verner tries to stop me, he skids as well unable to catch me in time and we both fall in the pool together.

In-between the loud splash of us falling in the pool and the way I have clutched his shoulder for support as he wraps his hand around my bare back, I can hear people laughing, booing and cursing all at the same time. My attention however is half focused on the audience and half on where Verner's hand has grabbed me tightly. Even after being in the pool, half drowning and then sprinting up, Keith's hand hadn't left my back. His touch is hot.. like you'll-get-burnt-if-you-stay-too-close kinda hot!

When I have momentarily gained control of myself and can stand on the neck deep pool, I look
his way, "Are you freaking out of your mind?!!!"

Keith Verner moves his other hand through his face to wipe of the pool water and look my way. His dark brown eyes staring back at me with the same void look I have seen hundreds of times before.

I use both my hands to shove him away with all the force I have. Unfortunately, it just makes him nudge a bit, he doesn't even take a step back. When I realize he isn't letting me go, I move away from his grip forcefully and turn around. It has taken me this long to realise I was completely covered in all sorts of colours which has now started staining the whole pool water. People are actually enjoying this and starts jumping from all around to bathe in the colourful water, whereas I glare back at the man who has taken it his life's mission to ruin me completely.

Verner moves his hand backwards over his slight long hair as the water drips on his shoulder all at once and then slowly..one by one.. glistening in the afternoon light..
Get a grip, Mia!

When he catches me staring at him, his lips twitch into a sly curve that I hate so much. I look away, biting my lower lip and looking at the massive crowd that has gathered in the pool now. People are actually bringing more colours to play with.

I look back at him again when I see him putting his back against the edge of the pool, raising both his tattooed hands on the edge of the tiled floor for support and lift himself up. His bare body with those perfect abs clench as he lifts himself up and sits on the edge, hanging his legs in the water. His eyes never leaving mine.. I know because when I look up for a split second from his bare body to his face, his lips still has the same sly curve at my direction.
I gulp down nervously. I haven't seen him like this in ages.. No, maybe in 2-3 years? He wasn't this hulky, muscular guy back then.
Although, even back then he was a d!ck.

His face loses the slyness as he stretches out his hand at my direction to pull me out.

"Mia? Are you okay?" I hear Kate's voice when I look up and see she has walked up to where I was standing in the pool. With her perfect figure, she stands beside Verner's seated posture and crouch down to look at me. Slowly moving her hand to the other side of her neck, she pulls her hair from that side to rest them over her other shoulder. This makes her bare neck and the low cut bikini with that deep cleavage visible on Verner's side. If I hadn't known her better, I would have thought she is trying to seduce him. But I know for a fact that she hates Keith Verner as much as I do. She is my bestie after all!