6

A/N I'm just gonna leave these pictures so y'all can be blessed with me right here

You have been blessed now back to our regularly scheduled program

***********************

Lauren found Mani in the kitchen the following day chatting away with her mother who still didn't look too well. She greeted the pair and took a seat at the table where coffee was served.

"Did you enjoy last night?" Andrea asked the green eyed woman.

"It was amazing and the food was great," Lauren smiled and felt her head pound with the effort.

Mani placed aspirin and water in front of her and smiled at the obvious hangover, "that should help."

"Don't laugh at me, the wine was free and really good," Lauren scowled.

"Apparently so is the headache," Mani said with a chuckle.

"Don't mind my daughter, I have nursed more than enough of her hangovers," Andrea smiled and squeezed her arm.

"Where did she learn to dance that way?" Lauren asked after swallowing the tablets.

"I can take credit for that," Andrea said with pride in her voice, "we taught her at a really young age already."

"She is a great dancer, so I will definitely give you credit for that," she smiled and sipped her coffee.

"What about credit to me for being such a great learner?" Mani asked and scowled at the pair sitting by the table.

"You have the advantage of being able to dance," Andrea smiled.

"Don't be such an attention hog," Lauren mocked along.

"No, it's fine, don't appreciate the breakfast I cook for you or my amazing dancing skills. You can keep it," Mani said and placed the plates in front of the pair, doing her best imitation of sad puppy eyes.

"Aww, just look at the face! That is too adorable," Lauren smiled at the expression and wished she could kiss the pouty lips.

Andrea and Lauren kept mocking Mani throughout breakfast and the threesome spent a long time at the table simply talking about everything. They laughed at the funny stories each person told and Andrea couldn't help but notice the way Lauren looked at her daughter, for a moment she wondered if either women knew that they had both fallen in love. She watched the interplay and wished that she could have lived long enough to see whether they would finally give in to what their hearts desired, but her time was up and the only wish she made while sitting there was that Normani would finally find happiness. Lauren will carry her through this, I just know she will.

"We should probably hit the road," Mani finally said after avoiding the topic of Lauren's return the entire morning.

"I guess so," Lauren's face fell.

She hugged and kissed Andrea goodbye, "don't let my daughter live without the love she deserves. I know how loyal she is, but you're heart isn't with Ty and hers is already with you. I don't think she realized that she had given it away so freely."

That was Andrea's final message to Lauren before she strapped in for the road home. The words replayed in her mind over and over again and her response was simply, "I won't."

***********

She watched the Jeep disappear around the bend and walked into the house. When she reached her room she removed the photo album and paged through all the memories she shared with her daughter and wondered where her ex-husband was. It was something they never spoke about and even though his presence was missed they had gotten by just fine without him.

The pain in her chest increased and she felt her heart rate pick up before it started beating irregularly and she collapsed onto the floor. She moaned in pain and saw all of the images flash before her eyes like a movie playing out its final scene. Within minutes she felt and heard no more, her limp body lying on the floor and she whispered her final words to the universe, "please protect Normani."

A/N sorry I didn't update yesterday but I have a little cold and it had me out of commission. It's just the change of the season but yeah here ya go