No-Churn Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream

INGREDIENTS 

1 14-oz. (400g) can sweetened condensed milk

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2/3 cup (170g) 100% pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)

3/4 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg

1/8 teaspoon ground cloves

1/8 teaspoon ground allspice

2 cups (475ml) heavy cream

DIRECTIONS

For Ice Cream Base:

In a large bowl, mix the pumpkin puree with the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and allspice.

This helps prevent the spices from clumping together.Add the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla to the bowl, and then beat using an electric mixer until the mixture becomes smooth, about one minute. It is okay if you see a few small lumps.

For Heavy Cream:

In a second large bowl, beat the heavy cream with an electric mixer or in a stand mixer on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form, 3 to 4 minutes.

Transfer the whipped cream to the bowl with the sweetened condensed milk and pumpkin.Gently fold the whipped cream into the pumpkin, stopping when the mixture looks smooth with no more streaks of whipped cream and is light orange in color.

Be careful not to over-mix it or else the whipped cream will deflate too much. Just stir until you can no longer see big streaks of whipped cream.

Freeze the Ice Cream:

Pour the mixture into a loaf pan or any kind of freezer-safe container. Place a sheet of wax paper on top of the mixture and smooth it out.

The wax paper helps prevent ice crystals from forming.Transfer to the freezer and freeze for at least 6 hours.

Enjoy the ice cream within 1 to 2 weeks for the best texture.

This delicious dessert is perfect to eat on its own or with a slice of pumpkin pie on the side.

Yummy!

- Autris