1 | Embarrassing yourself in front of your Crush

Start from the beginning

She immediately screamed in frustration, almost crying. She thought of sending him a follow request but she didn't want to be the first one sending it. What if she looked desperate? What if he accepted it but didn't follow her back again?!

OMG NO!

She always wondered if Armaan thought she was cool enough. So if he was sending her a follow request it was confirmed he found her cool. Or maybe it was because of her brother. Adra immediately abandoned the second thought.

"What's wrong, Adra?" her mother asked, passing her a glass of milk. Yes, Adra only had a glass of bournvita milk in the morning.

"Probably texted the wrong message to the wrong person." Jiten snickered and Adra glared at him.

"Nothing, mamma." She perfunctorily said, logging out of her Instagram.

"Your bus is going to come, go get ready."

Adra swung her bag across her shoulder and sat on the steps of her house with Jiten, waiting her for yellow school bus. She didn't really liked travelling in the bus, because first it was filled with small kids and secondly it was filled with small kids. She immediately took her seat near the window in the end and Jiten slid next to her. He took his MP3 player and started listening to music. He didn't even ask Adra if she wanted to listen too because he knew her taste in music was very different. He wasn't even suppose to bring a MP3 player to school. It was against the rules and Adra being in council couldn't really help in this matter because her brother wouldn't listen to her and she couldn't complaint to her teachers about him.

All the seniors always sat at the back. That was an unspoken rule. But Adra, Jiten, Manav and Seerat were only the seniors so the small kids sometimes tried taking Adra's seat. Seerat and Manav were always in their own bubble though, flirting, holding hands and doing all couple stuff Adra rolled her eyes at.

Armaan was the Cultural Captain.(He was in-charge of all the events that happened in school.) He was the most handsomest guy in Adra's eyes. Black hair, little stubble on his face, plush lips and his six feet height. She knew this was only a little school crush but did this make her crazy. Because it did make her a lot crazy.

Dheeraj, though on the other hand was the school's everyone-crushes-on-me-guy. Even Monica had a terrible crush on him but he was practically untouchable. Well he looked so. Arunima was always with him. All-fucking-ways. But that didn't mean they were boyfriend girlfriend. But that also didn't mean he was on the market. But Adra was probably too busy ogling at Armaan to see Dheeraj.

She remembered the time when she was standing for school council elections. Armaan had congratulated her and she had said 'You too'. Well, she was lucky that her 'You Too' made sense because he had got selected too.

"Will you vote for me?" she stupidly asked.

Armaan shrugged his shoulders, "I'm not in Blue House, Adra."

She loved it when he said her name.

She blushed in embarrassment, "I'll vote for you." Thinking about it now maybe she shouldn't have said that. Though, she wanted to still know if he would vote for her or her opponent who was his friend. She was so stupid, of course he would vote for his friend.

"Thanks. Don't worry, I'll ask my friends to vote for you," he gave her a thumbs up and walked away.

Maybe her opponent and Armaan weren't friends. Why was she thinking that everyone were his friend, except her?

Adra groaned as she looked out the window. Her eyes met Armaan's charcoal black ones and she immediately ducked down and hid her face in behind her bag.

Oh my god!

How could she forget that their bus passed through his bus stop everyday! She always waved at him and he waved back at her. (Maybe he waved at Jiten but Adra wished that wasn't the reason). She was so happy that he was the first face she saw when she was going to school. Today didn't seem lucky though. It was a Monday, that's why she thought.

By the time Adra was drowning herself in self-pity they had reached school. She immediately bolted off the bus as fast as she could. But of course, she was the last person to get down. All the kids.

She immediately walked towards the assembly area. It was so crowed. How would she find Monica here? She dumped her bag near the wall and walked towards where her class students always stood.

"Good morning, teacher!" she greeted her English teacher as she passed by her who greeted her back.

She saw Monica standing beside Rahul, chatting away. They were in the back of the line. Instead of making sure everyone stood in a line they themselves were talking. As she reached them, she occasionally requested people to stand in a line.

She was bored of the comebacks people came with to not stand in a line.

'Mera par line mat mar!'

'I know to draw a line'

'I'm standing in a vertical line.'

The last one was the worst.

"Hey! Golu!" she heard Jiten yell and her face turned red.

"Don't call me that in school, bhai!" she scolded him, her eyes narrowed. Then is when she noticed that his friends were with him too.

Even Armaan.

Oh no.

She immediately ran away.

"Hey! Ruk! Where is Monica?" he asked.

"I don't know!" she angrily said and stormed off.

Hello!!!

What do you think about the storyline? I wanted to write something different!

All suggestions are welcomed! Tell me your crush stories from school and I've definitely try to pen in down in Adra and Armaan style in this book!

Your Author
Hazel