3

A/N

"Hozdurin/Hobbitish" self-made

"Sindarin" internet

"Khuzdul" internet

"Mispronounced word" (If used Hozdurin, Sindarin or Khuzdul)

"Common tongue."

Text in a flashback.

~~~~

Beryl Baggins

~~~~

I silently rode alongside my father and uncle. I wasn't used to having family this close. Sure, mother's brothers visited sometimes and grandfather visits me too, but my home was always so lonely. "Jewel, ye okay?" Father asked as he stared towards me, eyes shining with concern. "I'm fine dana," I smiled at him tightly as to hide the memories of old.

~~~~

"My daddy gives me 15 coppers

To see that halfling jump over the fence

She jumped so high, I didn't see why,

If he gives me a gold she might not cry

So I asked my daddy to give me a gold,

To go and hear the halfling holler

she hollered so loud, she scared the crowd

Next she jumped so high, she touched the sky;

And she won't get back before the Fourth of July"

The faunts mocked me as they danced around me, like I was only half of a person. How could I be half of anything? I'm a Hobbit just like the rest of them. Should I even try to rebut their claims? I am not an animal, I do not holler..

"Beryl is such an odd name for a fauntling, don't you think?" 

"Yes it is almost dwarf like! What was Belladonna thinking?" 

"It obviously spurs trouble!"

"Ring around the rosies,
Pocket full of posies,
Ashes, ashes, we all fall down."

The fauntlings danced in a circle around me and I could no longer move. From each peak of sorts, a fauntling threw posies or otherwise known as bouquets in the circle where I stood. There was something wrong with this game, the fauntlings looked innocent as ever but I was confided in a circle. Something tells me this isn't one of those innocent nursery rhymes mada sings me.

"Ring around the rosies,
Pocket full of posies,
Ashes, ashes, we all fall down."