chapter 4

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ Criminals and sleepy birds ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

the siblings walked out of the house, Misfortune took a deep breath in and smiled at the refreshing air than the smoky air in the kitchen. "Ah..! good day morning!" 

'Its 'After noon' misfortune' mr.voice corrected, Misfortune seemed to get the idea and started over taking another gulp of fresh air "good afternoon morning!" to which he solemnly sighs, (y/n) Chuckled at the voices defeat, she eye'd the trash dump next to there house, seeing if either Benjamin or Minerva were there. Misfortune seems to have done the same, smiling at the memory.  "Remember Benjamin the fox and Minerva the wolf? this is where we first saw them. he was hiding in the trash, while she was climbing the roof, me and Benjamin mad eye contact..it was really intense" she sighed dreamily, (y/n) also remembers the time when she saw the female wolf just..starring at her, deep green eyes piercing her own soft doe (e/c) ones.

'yes..you told me about those... Animals already.' the voice stated, venom was laced in the word 'Animals' was clear as day. 'you shouldn't trust a fox, or a wolf for that matter. there all criminals.' he warns.

misfortune stifles a laugh "what? a fox criminal? that's silly."  (y/n) couldn't help but shake her head " and what proof do you have for that Mr.voice? they've been in our back yard doing nothing but  hiding and walking around." she quizzes. 

' well, I've known from experience that they could harm you, that fox led a kid into a forest, and was never seen again.' he stated. 

'now your giving false info. you really are a bad person- no no, parasite.'    

"maybe it was a different fox, because Benjamin wouldn't do that to us" she stubbornly said while crossing her arms. 'enough on the topic, lets go get you some happiness!' the voice quickly changed the subject. (y/n) didn't really follow his complete lie, but went with it anyway.

they both walked pass the pool, (y/n) shutters when she remembered her dad puked in it after getting back drunk as all hell one night. her little sister was looking in the car throwing glitter on it, imagining that every one was in it, looking like they were going on a family road trip. it made her heart feel warm, she picked up hear head when she heard a black cat  meowing on the near by tree stump. (y/n) took the chance to bend down to the kitty, it purred when it sniffed her hand, and let her touch him, she picked the cat up while Misfortune excitedly went up to touch him.  the cat mewed and licked Misfortunes hand, before jumping out of (y/n)'s arms and walked across the street.

" I finally got to touch the kitty! sis is like, the animal whisperer" she gasped, giggling excitedly. (y/n) only chuckled at her younger sisters praise. they walked to the street before the voice spoke.

'so, before you two continue, you need to know the rules of the game' "alright" Misfortune replied with a nod to her head 'Remember, you two will be given choices on your journey.' "okay choices" 'there are no right or wrong, only consequences.' "okay, okay only consequences." she replied again, hastily wanting to start the game. ' when you beat the game, the prize of eternal happiness is yours!' he ampped her up causing her to jump up and down excitedly "I'ma ready!" "i guess i am to.." (y/n) felt an uneasiness at the pit of her stomach. grabbing her sisters hand " remember what i taught you?" Misfortune nodded and looked to the street " look to the left, look to right, any cars? no." she smiled an nodded " alright were going.." they started to run across the pavement before the ground shook, and everything looked dead and mist covered the area. the eldest sister felt her younger sibling hug her waist tightly, burring her face in her stomach screaming out " there was a monster!" and before she could get a good look, everything flashed to normal, no trace of the dark land they saw before. 'what monster? i didn't see anything!' the voice called back, with confusion in his voice " it was there i saw it!" Misfortune said fearfully, hugging her sister even tighter than before. ' its probably your imagination.' he reasoned, you placed your hand and brushed through her hair soothingly before she let go, nodding to herself " yeah, that's true.. i have a vary big one." " come on, lets get out of the road before we actually get hit with a car.." 

misfortune nodded, both running out of the street, misfortune stops looking at a vary dead bird, but she mistook it as a sleeping one. " look, a sleepy bird.." she whispers. not wanting to ruin her pureness, (y/n) only nodded and gently pushed her along " come on, lets let the birdy sleep okay?" the youngest nodded " okay" before walking into the woods.