Chapter 3

"Its nothing really Jake I just have to go the bathroom." i try to say through my sobs.

"Your *BANG* such *BANG* a *BANG* bad *BANG* liar."

"DON'T COME IN, PLEASE!" I scream as I crawl in a corner and sob some more. Finally the door bersts off its hinges and Jake runs to my side.

"What's wrong?" Jake asks as he brushes my hair out of my face and puts it behind my ear.

I try to crawl deeper into the corner but I'm stuck between a hard wall and my closest fears. I try to stop sobing for a moment but the tears still run down my face.

"Take a deep breath, Gwen." I did what he said and stoked the tears. "Now start from the beginning."

"It started when I was little he was my first kiss, my first love. When I turned 15 he left me to go have some fun with other girls but when I turned 17 he came back. He said he was sorry and the girls didn't mean anything to him. I was stupid enough to believe him. Half way through the year he got more aggressive and started to beat me, but I still stayed with him. Then it was a weak from my birthday and he said since I was becoming of 'age' he wanted me to give the one thing I wanted to keep. He said I had to give everything up. My family, friends, v-v-verginaty, my hopes, and dreams all for his love. When I denied he screamed and beat me half to death he left saying he would be back. My older brother, Tim found me and rushed me to the hospital and when I told them who did it they tried to find him but he just dis-dis-disapeared." I cry knowing the man who hurt me the most in life is still out there. I look through my tears to see Jake clenching his fists with anger. Then my damn breaks and I start sobbing even harder thinking he must be discuted with me. I feel my self beingng lifted and up and the next thing I know is that I'm on Jake's lap and hes holding me close. I sob on his chest feeling so stupid for pouring my life on to him, I just couldn't hold it back anymore but all Jake does is tighten his hold me closer to his chest.

"Shhhh........ I won't let anyone hurt you. Your safe, your safe." My sobs become silent while I start to doze off in Jake's arms, I try to keep myself from falling asleep only fearing my dreams yet to come burpt when Jake starts to rub soothing circles on my back so I just fall into a dreamless sleep.

"Gwen.....Gwen............Gwen...Gwen..Gwen..Gwen!"

"What! What, I didn't do it I swear! It was all Terry!!!" I yell.

"You are very jumpy, you know that." Jake laughs and I smile. I notice I'm still in Jake's arms and he's rubing my shoulders. I felt my forehead, I was burning up and covered in sweat. I looked at Jake's shirt only to see its realy wet.

"Oh man, oh man, oh man! I'm so sorry! You must be disgusted with me! Im so sorry."

"It's fine you don't have to worry. You just had a bad dream and I woke you up because it's lunch time."

"Oh, no thank you. I'm not hungry."

"I'm not asking." Okay that definitely freaked me out. I stare at him with confushion. "When did you stop eating?" I tense up right away. How did he know?

"Ummm," I scratch the back of my head. "I never stoped eating just didn't eat as much." I state trying to avoid the question. Jake just glared at me.
"When did you stop eating?"
"When he left me, Jake, okay! " I scream. I felt tears flow down my face, so I got off the bathroom floor and walked into the next room struggling a bit. I sat in the farthest corner and tried to get the tears to stop. I close my eyes tight and cry into my hands. Soon Jake joined me on the floor but I don't have the courage to look up at him.
"Gwen, I didn't mean to upset you. When you fell asleep in my arms I could feel your bones from under your shirt without any presser. You really need to eat." I feel Jake put his hand under my chin and tilt my head up so I could see his face. "Gwen, you are going to eat at least a little bit of food or I'm tying you to a chair. " I know he was joking but me being me took it literally.
"You can't make me and I won't." I grumble while crossing my arms.
"Gwen, he left you and ruined your life I get it, but he made a huge mistake. You still need to eat."
"Fine I've thought about this so much I want to try and kill myself again." I could have sworn I said that in my head though but guess not because what he says next takes my breath away.
"WAIT, you've tried to kill yourself because of this guy?!" I look at Jake like he's lost it because I could have sworn I said that in my head. "Never mind, we'll talk later, and we will talk." Jake helps me to my feet, so I put one arm around his neck because I still can't walk straight.