i miss you, too. [byan]

bird didn't like the house without ryan.

he didn't like the way that everyone seemed to have forgot him, even chloe. it made him want to shout at them, and he hated shouting.

when he saw ryan at school he always seemed happier, and for some reason that made bird happier. maybe it was the idea that life gets better. that there is something to look forward to after ashdene ridge. but then again, maybe bird just liked seeing a smile on ryan's face.

ryan made friends. new friends. and every time bird saw them laughing in the hallways he felt a pang in his chest. but why? bird had never made an attempt to talk to ryan. they'd spoken, obviously. but they hadn't been friends. not really.

candi noticed. of course she noticed. she noticed how bird's gaze lingered on the extra chair at the table, and how he would often ask chloe about ryan, always insisting he was just being polite when she asked him why. sometimes ryan would come up in a conversation, and it was like the name just attracted bird from wherever he was to the conversation. candi would watch his eyes go cold every time jay threw something insensitive into the convention. 'he's probably having a great time with his bum buddies' bird would scold jay and then head back to wherever he came from.

it was obvious. to candi at least. she wanted to scream in birds face, telling him to open his eyes and see what was right in front of him. because candi didn't only notice bird, she noticed ryan, too.

the way ryan struggled to rip his gaze away from bird. the way he only ever greeted him in the hallways. and the way he'd ask chloe how bird was over the phone. 'is everyone okay? is bird okay?'

candi wanted to scream in ryan's face too. but she would be patient, she would wait for them. but that wouldn't stop her from giving a few gentle pushes.

'bird misses you'

she would text to ryan. knowing bird would never make the first move. and then she'd wait. as long as it took.

honestly don't know if this makes any sense at all but here is a little byan oneshot because i miss them