The walk into the town was slow, and it seemed to be completely dead. No sounds ere to be heard, snd you didn't see creatures of any type running about. However, once you got closer to what seemed to be the town square, it wasn't long before you heard a deep voice yell, "Jack's back!" At that, your eyes widened as monsters of all kind began running towards the two of you, which sent your nerves haywire.

The monsters formed a circle around you both, and you didn't like the looks of their faces closeup. They came in all sorts of colors, shapes, and sizes. Some had glowing red eyes and sharp teeth, others had snakes for fingers and spiders in their hair. A few were missing a few limbs or eyes, and the rest didn't look natural in any way. Their jumbled noises were loud and scary as well, which didn't help the situation either. This isn't what you had expected at all.

The sights terrified you. The sounds rattled your brain. Ancient flashed of bright Christmas lights began to blur your vision. Among all of the fuzzy details and distorted sounds now encircling you, you could've swore you heard the scream of your beloved sibling. You could've swore you saw those evil, cursed toys. And as you quickly turned to face Jack, who was beginning to call your name, all you could see was the skeleton Santa.

You collapsed onto your knees and let loose a shrill shriek. Your body so twisted and your face so full of paralyzing fear, you looked like a demon straight from Hell. You had only been that frightened once in your life: on that Christmas Eve. This was beyond terrible, beyond frightening. You were now in a state of mass hysteria and insanity, completely mortified.

Meanwhile, as everyone froze, Jack looked on with shock. You scream sounded so familiar. Although he didn't pay much mind to it earlier, he really did feel like he had seen you before as well. But that scream.... If you were right, and you were both familiar to the other, then just where, exactly, had he seen you before?

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)!" He shouted repeatedly, shaking your shoulders, but he instantly retreated when your eyes snapped opened. He could see the fear in your eyes, and it sent him on edge. He had never seen a human so scared before! It was irregular for their kind.

"Get away from me!" You shouted. "Leave me alone! Someone, help! Help me and (S/N)!"

"Everyone, please give her space!" Jack spoke up in a firm tone, turning towards the townspeople. "She's scared, and we need her to feel welcomed here." The creatures obeyed as they took a few steps back. They quieted down and stopped moving so excitedly, bringing a new peace back into the square. And, as they moved away and their voices died out, so did your visions.

The Pumpkin King knelt down, hugging you tightly so that you were completely pressed against him. "You're afraid." He sighed. "But I'm here. My friends won't hurt you, I promise! So please, look at me."

You looked up, letting him see your teary eyes still stocked with a frenzied fear. "But you don't understand, Jack. You don't know me!" Your voice cracked, barely above a whisper. "You don't know what I've seen or what I've been through! It's not easy to trust people."

"But that's why I'm here!" He told you softly. "That's why I brought you here to town! As much as I enjoy giving out some good-hearted friendly spooks, it's very strange to see your particular fear. It's no organic one, I can easily see that. Humans aren't supposed to be so jumpy, are they?"

A sniffle broke free as you shook your head. "There's something wrong with me." You replied, hanging your head in shame. "I understand if you don't want to help me, Jack. Just be honest and I'll leave if you want me to."

"Oh, (Y/N)." The skeleton sighed. "I'm sure we can help you! Although we may never fully understand what you've been through, that doesn't mean we can't try to save you from it. Do you think you could try to be a little optimistic for us?"

You frowned, answering, "Jack, you just don't understand. There's nothing left for me anymore." After saying that, silence overtook the two of you.

Jack let out a troubled breath as he rose to his feet. "Mayor, be prepared to have a town meeting. I'll be back to start it in a few hours." As he gave his gentle demand, he helped you to your feet. "I'm terribly sorry for what happened everyone, but I must say my farewell as I need to have a talk with (Y/N)."

The monsters all nodded and hummed in agreement, allowing you and the Pumpkin King to slowly exit the town square. He led you to his house, which was hanging over a deep abyss. The only thing keeping it secured was the staircase, which directly connected the structure to the mainland. You felt your stomach turn slightly queasy as you looked down into the gaping canyon below as you followed Jack up the winding steps.

He creaked open his rickety doors down led you into the first room on the right. It was a cute, quaint little kitchen. A standard-sized dining table was present in the room, accompanied by four chairs. Being the gentleman he always tried to be, he had no problem pulling out a chair for you. You nervously sat down as he began to move about the kitchen.

When he finally came to sit down across from you, he placed a warm cup of a strange, steaming liquid in front of you. He also had a cup of his own in his other hand. You eyed it strangely, your mind still on high alert about what the skeleton's true motives may be. "Is this even safe for humans?" You asked, raising a brow.

"I'm not sure." He replied with an awkward chuckle. "I see no reason why it wouldn't be. It's just an herbal tea." After a response like that, you still weren't too convinced about the tea, so you simply pretended to not be interested in it at all.

You looked into his eye sockets as he looked into your pretty eyes. He bore a look of curious wonder, and you noticed it also held a deep contemplation. "(Y/N), please don't be afraid. Nobody will hurt you here, I promise!"

Another sigh escaped your lips, now out of frustration at the fact that the skeleton didn't seem to be listening to you over the sound of his own stubborn, oblivious instincts. "Jack, you really aren't paying attention to what I'm saying. There's no helping me! Everything I've been through has already beaten me down as far as I can go."

"Then why don't you tell me everything?. Make me understand!" He pleaded in a calm manner. "You shouldn't have to constantly live in fear, (Y/N). Not a fear as unnatural and traumatic as this, I must specify. Getting it off your chest might help you feel better."

You bit your lip nervously. "I don't know, Jack.... Are you sure? What if I can't even get the words out?"

"Then it just isn't the right time, but at least you would've tried!" He gave you an optimistic smile. "After all...."

"I'm here for you, (Y/N). I just want to help."