Fire and Ice : The Legend Begins Chapter 6

Cerulean and I travelled far and wide. We had covered a vast area of land. Shorlock was in sight from where we were. It took us a month to cover this area. Keurodon was a big place, so travelling to another land was something rarely anyone did. No one has ever really travelled the whole of Keurodon. Only the King and Dragon Riders have ever done this but only with the use of their dragons. Our route would be to pass through the Land of Shorlock to get to  Helmsville then the hills of Cillidellan, through the dessert where Rhenne is located right above.

This would take us about a year, normally but we decided that we could fly some area since there were no inhabitans in certain. With that form of travelling, we would reach in half the time. Everything was going fine, but I just couldn't shake off the feeling of being watched. Cerulean felt it too. But whenever we searched, we would not find anyone.

But it was one time when Cerulean and I were sleeping in a clearing. I had just light a fire and ate some food that I caught earlier in the day. I was resting in my usual place by Cerulean stomach and it appeared as though I was sleeping but I was thinking about the boy that had rescued me, Christopher, and I saw a dark shadow  in the bushes. I got up and immediately woke Cerulean. But when we looked around the area, not one figure could be seen, only a coyote that we killed and ate for breakfast the next day.

But I was sure that I saw someone, much bigger than a coyote. It was the size of a human or mondroid. After that, I had been on alert permenately. Cerulean passed it off as me being paronoid but I knew better.

Now we were about to cross a thin piece of the river. Grim River was something vast at some parts to very thin at other parts. It was a part of the main water stream, Barrance Lake. We had to cross the river to get to Shorlock, the land that was surounded by water. But I sensed a pressence with me all day so I decided I would play a litle trick. I pulled out my spellbook and looked for a spell that would let me be two places at the same time.

After practicing the spell, I back tracked my steps. I hid in the bushe and waited. Cerulean was in on the plan so he knew the figure beside him could not talk but only do I action which was walk. I hid in the trees for about three hours, just walking. Then I heard footsteps, some large and some small. I quickly climbed up the nearest tree. I tried to do this quitely and without making much noise.

A figure walked under the tree. The figure was cloarked and the boy who rescued me shortly came into my mind. But it didn't have to be him since many humans wore cloarks, whether to shield themselves from the cold or heat or even just dust. Another large figure walked some paces behind him. I forced my keen eyes to take a closer look. It was something red.

I gasped as I realized what I saw. It was a dragon. But dragons were extinct and only King Thesis and I had dragons. I guessed we were not alone. I knew it wasn't the King's since his dragon was gold. The figure and the dragon were soon out of sight. I waited an extra five minutes to make sure that no one would follow.

I jumped down from the tree skillfully with both posture and grace. I had perfecte the skill of landing from high levels. I looked at the path from which the two creatures had diappeared. I felt something smooth and cold against my throat. I took in a deep breath.

"What is your bussiness here, half blood." I heard a musical voice whisper in my ears tensely.

Shivers ran through my spine. "Re..Rebecca." I stammered.

The coldness against my throat removed. I turned around to see my attacker. Christopher.

"What are you doing here, Christopher?" I asked angrily.

"Umm..Sorry about that. I was kind of following you and your dragon." He looked embarrassed.

I looked at him questionly, "Why were you doing that? And how do you know about Cerulean?"