chapter 1

Shylock walked along the street in anger and humiliation. He had lost everything. His daughter, his fortune and what little respect people had for him. Anger surges inside of him. To think he would lose to a Christian merchant.

Antonio watched Shylock leave the court house. His heart felt conflicted. Should he go after the man he had forbidden desires for or stay and 'celebrate' with his friends? Deciding on the former he slipped away into the shadows.

Coming out on to the street, his eyes searched for Shylock. Upon seeing him he reached his hand out to hold him. Shocking both Shylock and himself he pulled the Jew into a hug.

Taken of guard from the sudden physical contact Shylock stilled. Once he came to his senses he pushed Antonio away. The pair stared at each other as their breaths mingled.

Both confused at their feelings, they could only stare at the other. Shylock made the first move. He stepped closer towards Antonio, he shyly held his hand.

Antonio grabbed the sides of Shylock face and pulled him closer till their noses were touching. Breathing heavily the pair looked into each other eyes, before they let their lips lightly brush together.

Addicted to the taste of each other they firmly pressed their lips together. Shylock should hands snaked around Antonio's waist. Antonio's hands found their way to Shylock's hair, tugging at the soft curls. Their bodies flush against each other.

Pulling apart they both felt sadness. Sadness at the fact that they could never be together. Society would scorn them for being two men in love.

{=================}

//edited //