Scarred Beauty

WARNING: WARNING: WARNING: WARNING: WARNING: WARNING: WARNING: WARNING:

This story has maleXmale themes. If that isn't your cup of tea then don't read it. I don't want to see comments about how wrong it is or whatever. For those of you who do read it please enjoy one of my versions of Beauty And The Beast. It's a lot of fluff.

Now second thing I need to say is it isn't fully edited. I've combed though it a lot but my editor (aka my sister) hasn't so it's not perfect. I will update it once it is but the over all story wont change. Might change the ending though, still not sure. Anywho. . . HAPPY READING!!!

~A

Once upon a time, there lived a young man who was so very beautiful that everyone who saw him wished to possess him. While not so far away there was a man cursed for his selfishness and pride that locked himself up in his mansion for fear of everyone hating him. Because who could love a man as hideous as he? . . . Not quite.

Akemi, wearing bland clothes that were sagging on his slight frame, and a hat so large that it covered his face, walked through the shadows, as not to be noticed by anyone, to a small bookshop that always had the best books. Kyoto had always been Akemi’s home, and the bookstore had got him through his parents’ deaths and his own maturity as he learned how to live by himself and make a living for himself.

A little ding rang out as Akemi opened the door to the shop alerting the shop keep that someone walked in. A muffled voice saying that they’d be right out sounded from the back room. Akemi smiled as he recognized the voice and started to look around the full shelves for something new to read. In his over-the-shoulder bag were the books he’d barrowed earlier that week and already finished. When he came across a title that seemed interesting he pulled it out checked the cover then read the synopsis on the back before pushing it back in and moving on. It wasn’t that he didn’t want to read it, he just knew he had to pace himself. He still had four more books at home that he had yet to finish, but he wanted to give back the six that he did.

When the shop keep could be heard shuffling behind his desk again Akemi walked out of the shelves and toward the check stand with the old time register.

“Hello, Akira-Sensei,” he said softly pulling the books out of his bag and setting them on the counter. The small old man looked up from his shuffling and smiled brightly when he saw the huge hat that hid his favorite costumer. He’d never seen the child’s face and he got the feeling that he wasn’t ever going too. Akemi was very shy and had a very strong sense of self-preservation. The old-timer heard enough stories of the boy’s childhood that he understood why he never showed his face in public.

Delicate hands, creamy white and soft as flower petals peeked out from the too long sleeves of the baggy sweater he wore. The shop keep had only ever seen his hands, he couldn’t even say what color the boy’s hair was.

“Finished already?” he asked the boy as he continued to pull each book out slowly and gracefully.

“I still have some at home, I hope you don’t mind. I thought I’d bring back the one’s I’ve finished so someone else can look at them. They were all really very good.” Akemi told him in his soft voice that never became very loud anyways.

“You know you can keep them as long as you want too Akemi-Kun.” The old man smiled at the boy whose face he’s never seen. Akemi smiled back and even if Akira couldn’t see it, he felt it with everything around him.

“Thank you, Akira-Sensei.”

Once all the books were on the counter and accounted for, Akemi said his good-byes, bowing slightly at the waist at the door, before he opened it and left the way he came. The jingling of the bell still ringing in the shop keeps head. He shook his head slightly with a small smile and walked to the back room again to finish his sorting.