"Took you long enough." You say as he heads down the stairs.

When he spots you, he passes a mischievous smile your way and in a second, is behind you.

"Why do you have to work so hard babe." He snakes his arm around your waist pulling your back closer to his chest as he rests his chin on your head.

You turn around to face him and give him a quick kiss on his cheek. "Now if you're done, Stefan and I would really appreciate if you go set the table." You smirk at him.

Damon pouts at you only giving in when you playfully push his chest. "Alright fine. You're feisty." He raises his hands in defeat and goes over to the dining table.

You quickly turn back to the counter only to find Stefan staring at you with an amused expression as he leans against the counter. "Can it get more romantic than that?" He laughs.

"Oh shut up." You grin back at him. You go back to making your last sandwich piece and sigh in relief when it's done.

Then, you look over to see Damon lying on his couch. As you head over to him, your phone suddenly buzzes alerting you of a text message.

It is Caroline stating that she'll be over in 5 minutes with Bonnie.

Elena's coming with Ric and Jeremy, Matt and Tyler were also invited.

"Damon, Caroline and Bonnie are almost here. Help me put the dishes on the table, will you?" You say over your shoulder.

Damon walks over to you and Stefan and within a minute or so the table is set and all the work is done. You don't get any time to rest or fix your makeup again because the door suddenly opens and Caroline and Bonnie make their way inside.

They spot you first. "Y/N!" Caroline shrieks and both her and Bonnie engulf you in a hug. Despite the fact that the three of you met 3 days ago, you are still very excited to see your friends.

After you've pulled back from your hug, you inform them that, "Elena and the rest are going to be here soon." and they nod at you.

"Salvatore." They grin, acknowledging Damon who has been standing besides you.

"Where's Stefan?" Caroline asks, as Bonnie makes her way to the living room to attend a call.

"He was just here a second ago. Probably went upstairs." You say with a shrug.

Caroline makes her way upstairs leaving you and Damon alone. "Tell
me why they aren't together again." You chuckle at Damon who puts an arm over your shoulder and brings you closer to his side.

"Dunno." He states chuckling, as he rubs your shoulder.

Within the next five minutes, all of the group has arrived and is seated at the dining table.

"God, i'm starving!" Elena says as everyone agrees in unison.

Everyone digs into their food and the atmosphere is filled with conversations, jokes, laughter and the wonderful aroma of food.

After the plates are empty, everyone makes their way over to the living room. You help Stefan put away the empty dishes and after that is done, you both make your way over to everyone else. Stefan joins Caroline while you go over to Damon who is deep in conversation with Alaric.

You make your way onto Damon's lap as he slides his arms around your waist pulling you closer, without breaking his conversation with Alaric.

"Look at you two love birds." Alaric smiles.

You smile up at him and lean back to rest your head on Damon's chest. In response, he begins to rub your shoulders up and down.

"Alaric!" Stefan calls. "Can you help me with this." Gesturing to something. With that, Alaric gets up and leaves to go to Stefan.

With a quick survey of the room, you find Elena and Matt in a conversation, Stefan, Ric and Caroline discussing something and Jeremy and Bonnie talking.

"Babe, wanna go outside?" Damon says, as he strokes your cheek gently.

"You're the host, idiot!" You laugh at Damon and lean over to kiss his nose. "Never mind, I could use the fresh air."

"See, they always do what i tell them to do." Damon teases, lightly nudging you with his elbow.

You pass Damon a scrunched up smile and get up from his lap and he holds your hand, leading you outside from the front door. Once you are in his garden, he turns around to face you. He brings his hand for the 100th time to your cheek and lightly strokes it. You lean against his gentle touch.

Who knew that the baddie of Mystic Falls could be this loving and gentle when he wanted to be?

"Did you have fun today?" Damon says, as he puts his arms on your shoulders.

"Yes, more than anything!" You smile sweetly at him. "Except for when you took out Jeremy's spider from his jar and placed it in front me" You add, rolling your eyes at the memory.

"Oh come on, that is when you had the most fun!"

"Yeah right." You say, in a sarcastic tone.

"Okay fine, maybe it wasn't that funny." Damon chuckled. "But everyone laughed." He added in a low voice with a wink.

"Oh shut up." You lightly smack his arm which was resting on your shoulder.

In return, he passes you the trademark Damon smirk. You put your arms around his neck, your fingers playing with the collar of his leather jacket. Damon's hand moves from your shoulders to lightly stroking a strand of your hair.

"So... did you see how jealous Stefan was when Caroline told him about how she ran into Klaus." You laugh.

Klaus had come back from New Orleans for awhile and had run into Caroline at the Mystic Grill. Caroline told this story over dinner and Stefan's jealousy wasn't missed by anyone.

Damon chuckles softly, "Yeah," He says.

"Yeah." You repeat, staring into his eyes with a small smile.

Your hands continue to play with his collar and then abruptly, he pulls you into a hug. Your head resting on his chest as he holds you tightly by the waist.

"What was that for?" You smile, when you've pulled out.

"I just love you," He says, eyes twinkling. "So much." He adds.

"I love you." You smile, intertwining your fingers into his.