2

The next morning the Beta comes to my room. He walks over to my bed, looking at my still exposed back, he growls.

He goes to my bathroom and soon returns, and as gently as he can starts cleaning my wounds.

The coolness of the wet cloth feeling good against my sore back. "He's never hurt you like this," he says. I swear I felt tears hit my back.

"He called the Shadow Pack, for reinforcements," Beta Logan says. I soon feel Logan rubbing pain cream onto my skin.

"I wish I could get you out of here," he says, as he gently, runs his fingers across my back, lovingly. "Let's get you dressed and go for a walk," Logan says.

He gets up and helps me up as well. I go to my closet and close the door to change. I put on a open back shirt, (below), with a pair of blue jeans.

 I put on a open back shirt, (below), with a pair of blue jeans

Walking out of my closet, Logan and I make our way outside. He gently sets his hand on my lower back, as we walk down the patrol trails, that surround the pack border.

"I'm sorry that I wasn't there to stop him," Logan says, as he stops walking, about half way around the pack. "I should have been there," he growls.

Suddenly feeling nervous, I back away. "Don't be scared of me," Logan says, still growling.

Suddenly I can feel my wolf coming to the surface, I scream, as my bones, start rearranging. I crouch to the ground, as the pain is unbareable.

"Alara don't fight her, relax," Logan says. I feel him play a hand on my back, trying to comfort me. My wolf growls at him, and he pulls away.

After awhile the pain subsides and I stand as my wolf, growling at Logan. "Easy, I'm not going to hurt you Alara," he says.

My wolf backs away, and then turns and runs, away from him. When she feels safe, she stops and gives ne control.

I lay down, "Alara, I am Chloe, your wolf," she says. "Why do you run from him," I ask her. She growls, "he was going to claim us," she says continuing to growl. I growl as well, "I wouldn't have let that happen," I tell her.

"I know my child, but I had to make sure," sje says, "by the way happy early birthday," Chloe says. I am inwardly to her, "I wasn't suppose to come till tomorrow, but he forced me to come early," She says, "sadly I couldn't help either way earlier," she says. "It's ok," I tell her.

I understood that even if she did come earlier that it would have hurt us both, with my hands cuffed as they were, so I didn't and wasn't mad.

I also understood Logan's reasoning for wanting to mark me, but I had a mate, hopefully, and it was obviously not him. "Correction little one, we have a mate, and he's closer than it seems," Chloe says.

################################

* Why did Logan want to mark her?

* Who can her mate be? The attacking pack or the allied pack? Hmmmmm.

* Please vote and comment.