Chapter 8: Battle of the bridge

Start from the beginning

"Three days.. three days! I will give you three.. days or.. get lost!"

Gato yelled furiously before signalling his thugs to carry him as he can't stop himself from sweating and his legs to stop trembling.

Lakeside

(Day before the final battle)

"Naruto-kun.. I won't be able to meet you tomorrow"

Haku whispered sullenly as she wasn't able to meet Naruto's gaze and stared into the beautiful lake with a frown on her face.

"What's wrong Haku-chan? Did you have something bothering you?"

Despite Naruto having only met the black hair girl for only two short weeks, the blonde is still able to read the girl like an open book as Haku is just a truly innocent girl who will never lie so he could tell that she was really upset about something.

"No.. there's nothing.."

"Please tell me Haku-chan I am really worry about you"

The blonde pleads as he gently grabs onto Haku's hand.

"Naruto-kun.. I was just glad that after this mission you will able to return to Konoha.. and have a better life-"

"Haku-chan, I know you are lying, please tell me what happened?"

The blonde asked once more but this time he was truly worried but the girl still has her face facing the opposite direction and tries to get free from Naruto's hold.

It was then Haku slapped Naruto's hand away and moved further away before deciding to turn around and face Naruto.

For that moment the blonde immediately knew something bad must have happened as Haku's shoulders begin to shake and he can hear a soft sob leave her lips even if she tries her best not to.

"I.. I don't want you to go tomorrow.."

Finally speaking out her mind also in that moment, Haku can't control her tears anymore and has her tears to stream down and leave a tear mark on her beautiful face.

"Haku.."

The blonde said as he wished to move toward Haku but was being stopped by her when she raised up her hand and signalled him not to come closer.

"You.. don't understand.. Naruto-kun.. I serve Zabuza-sama and... I don't wish to fight you.."

Haku mumbled out as she tried her best not to cry out but her voice began to shake while she tried her best not to let her emotion take over.

"Haku.."

The blonde replied without giving any chances for the girl to stop him, he took a big step forward and pulled the girl into his embrace.

Without stopping himself Naruto's arms found their ways wrapping around Haku's slim and soft form, in that moment Haku began to break down and had her face buried in his neck and her arms wrapped around him as well.

"Please..."

The girl uttered out.

"Don't leave me... I don't want you to die... I already lost my loved one... I can't afford to lose you as well!"

But even the girl pleads, Naruto knows well that he can't do that not only for the sake of his team but for the people of Wave too.

"So am I.. Haku"

The blonde whispered gently.

"I also don't want to fight you either... and I also don't want you to die but I can't betray my team now.. not when the whole Wave country is dependent on us now..."