Falling Apart

Everything was blurry. Salty tears ran down Callum's face as he stumbled across the square. Ben's words echoed in his sore mind. "I don't love you." What did Callum do wrong? Wasn't he good enough for Ben?

Full of emotions, Callum swung the door open to his flat. He quickly walked to his room and slammed the door shut, blocking the outside world out. He sat on his bed in silence taking it all in. It didn't last long. Ben's soft, grey dressing gown was lying across the bed and it caught Callum's eye.

His face dropped and tears poured out uncontrollably. Shaking, he held the gown and buried his face in it. Ben's sweet smell comforted Callum. Ben was there for him when he came out he helped him through it. Not only he loved Ben, but he loved Lexi too. They are a family. Well, were.

.................

Everything was blurry. Salty tears ran down Ben's face as he stumbled across the square. What did he just do? Why? Why did he have to go and break Callum's heart like that? He knows why. Callum is too sweet and pure for the Mitchell family. Bad things happen around them and with Ben's dad at the moment, it's not safe.

Callum deserves better. Yes, it will hurt him by splitting up but it's for the best in the long term. And yes, it hurts Ben so so much. But he is used to the pain and just cares for Callum dearly.

The scary thing is that Ben does love Callum. He loves him so much but just can't bring himself to say it, instead he said he didn't love him.

Ben stormed back to the Beale household. Everything was still a blur from the tears streaming down his stone cold face. Kathy was in the kitchen and greeted Ben in her usual cheery way. Like a cave man, Ben grunted in response and ran to his bed room, not wanting to be seen in such a state. Flinging his coat and shoes off, Ben dived on to his bed and buried his head in the pillows. He screamed. And cried. And swore. He felt empty and useless and cold inside. Being taken into a world of love and happiness by Callum was amazing. Callum had the ability to make Ben feel that. But sometimes he had to put his very demanding family first. And it was hard.
.....................

After a while of crying, shouting and swearing, the boys (who had very damp faces) fell asleep. Not together. In separate, cold, empty beds. It was going to be a long, hard Christmas.