Not A Gift.

Cole woke up the next morning with a kiss on his cheek. "I didn't mean to wake you." Zeke whispered.

"It's fine" Cole stretched, in bed. 

"How''d you sleep?" Zeke asked sitting back on the bed next to Cole.

"The best sleep I've ever had." Cole smiled.

"That's funny for two reasons." Zeke laughed. "In vampire terms, it was the only sleep of your life, and since we don't need sleep, that's how it will always feel." Cole half frowned forgetting that he technically died last night. he quietly wept. "Hey, hey." Zeke said gently pulling Cole to him. "It's ok you have a lot of new family members downstairs, excited to meet you." That wasn't quite exactly not, comforting to Cole, he missed his parents, even his damn cat. But if he was going to have a place here with Zeke, it was at least a little comforting to know, that he might have friends that good.

"Hey. Cole!" Zeke said awkwardly. "You should uhh." He stammered for the words, This wasn't going to be good.. The curse of youth as Zeke called it had visited Cole last night.. Zeke thought he looked utterly adorable. "Just take a deep breath it's ok."  That had the exact opposite effect on Cole, who sat up and eventually Got out of bed he was tugged to his feet. 

"Oh God NO!" Cole screened, at his reflection in the mirror. There was a decidedly younger version of himself staring back at him. "HOOW?" He screamed. 

Edmund barreled up the stairs to the third floor, skipping three or for steps at a time. He burst through the door of the VIP room, sending splinters of the door frame into the room. He wasn't about to let anything happen to Cole, especially since, Sam said that Cole and Zeke had really hit it off. Cole was just Zeke's type, and Zeke needed someone to care for, he hadn't been himself at all the ten years.  "What's wrong>!" He looked around. He shook his head when he saw Zeke holding Cole. 

"I am younger!" Cole said stunned, clinging to Zeke, in Zeke's arms. He was obviously more startled by Edmund busting into the room.

Edmund inspected Cole's face, and Groaned. "You know normally, most vampires enjoy their new youthful, appeared..." He paused. "Of course, most of them weren't as young as you." 

Zeke let cole down. "How much younger will I look?" Cole asked, almost afraid to hear the answer.

"How old were you?" Edmund asked.

"16..." Cole answered. "How old do I look?" He lamented at his reflection again. 

"I'd say you're probably mostly done." Zeke said, Edmund nodded in agreement, they both hoped he drop it, it really was a fact of life for them.  Edmund had been in his late thirties, and now appeared to be in his early twenties, Zeke who appeared Cole's age, was actually a few years older than Cole. Zeke had been lucky, he could have appeared much younger. He understood never being taken seriously. It was the one thing he hated about being a vampire, the reason he didn't leave the house much. At least in the house, amongst other vampires, he was taken as seriously as he cared.

"And I look how old?" Cole asked, undeterred by the two's attempts to change the topic. 

"Uh, 15!" Edmund lied.

"No, totally 14." Zeke correct. Cole's face turned slightly pink, Edmund glared at Zeke, but rolled his eyes at him, when he noticed his smirk at Cole's blush. It was refreshing to see Zeke happy, and Zeke was most decided happily. There was a part of Zeke, that no matter how old he got, was always going to be a boy.