Chapter 4

Sabito speed was hard to match, if one was a low ranking demon. But Giyuu is a pillar, so in a matter of seconds he was already running beside Sabito.

"Not bad" Sabito grinned at him and it made butterfly swarm on Giyuu's stomach.

The two of them maintained the pace of their running for the next hours. Giyuu observed Sabiro beside him who ran in a fluid manner.

Giyuu knew that since they were kids, that his friend had a good posture and swordsmanship stance but know that he was an adult he had perfected it.

Giyuu on the other hand wasn't having such a good time.

He wasn't lying when he said that the doctor allowed him to be able to perform well enough but he really wasn't fully recovered from his fatigue, so his form wasn't that stable.

But he had managed to battle an Upper moon, so a bit of running shouldn't stop him.

"We can rest if you want" Sabito told him as the other continues to run with hi eyes on his path.

"Or you could go back to the Wisteria house to rest" it was obvious that Sabito still hasn't given up on the idea of making him rest up back at the house.

But Giyuu didn't justify any answer and just kept up running.

After a few minutes of running, Sabito stopped on his tracks and plopped down on the ground.

"I'm going to take a break"

He announced, as he opened his clothed back to scavenge the inside.

Giyuu had a feeling that Sabito took a break for him to rest rather than himself but didn't voice out his opinion.

Sabito threw him a gourd of water and Giyuu caught it in one had and stared at it.

"You didn't bring any provisions for yourself, didn't you?"

Giyuu's ears bloomed a color of pink as the he softly thanked Sabito and opened the gourd.

He heard the other chuckled in amusement and he flushed darker.

"Where is the mission located at?"

Giyuu asked as he finished half emptying the gourd and passing it back.

Sabito blinked at him then a an amused smirk appeared on this place.

"You didn't know anything about the mission and you still followed me?"

The grin on Sabito's mouth and the spark of fondness in his eyes made for a mesmerising image.

The scar on his right cheek, didn't hinder Sabito's image. Instead it made him more appealing, for some reason unknown to Giyuu.

"We're not that far from the village now. The place we're going to, is a place just father north from here. There have been reports of disappearances of both young men and woman in the area."

Sabito said in between his bite of an rice cracker that he had pulled out from his bag. He also handed some over to Giyuu.

"We sent some Kinotos to investigate but they didn't came back, same with some Hinoes that had passed by the area previously"

Giyuu nodded in understanding because his task as a pillar had been like these before the Upper moons had become more active.

Thinking about it now, those times seems like forever ago.

"But don't worry, I'll protect you"

He looked at Sabito with confusion before the other added why.

"The demon must be pretty strong to have eaten a Kinoto, so just stick with me and I'll protect you"

Sabito smiled at him warmly and Giyuu just nodded and remained silent.

He wasn't really concerned since both of them were pillars. But Giyuu didn't say anything since he doesn't have any proofs that he was sent here from a parallel world by a Demon Blood Technique. Also he wasn't sure whether this technique is temporary and will send him back to his world soon or if it permanent.

Base on the information that Giyuu had gathered, this world's Giyuu is most probably dead and he doesn't want Sabito to feel losing him again because he knows how painful it will be.

So watching over Sabito like this was enough for him.

———————————————

Looking at the horizon they saw that the sun was now about to set.

Luckily for them, they had arrived at their destination.

The place was like a standard village, with a river flowing in the middle to sustain the livelihood of it.

But oddly enough, there doesn't seem to be much people around outside.

They looked for an inn, but it seemed like there was only one within the village.

The one running the inn was an old short woman. She eyed Sabito and Giyuu suspiciously, especially their swords which made Giyuu fidget and tried to hide his under his haori.

"There is only one room available right now"

The old woman was obviously wary of them, and talk with them in a frank tone.

"It will do ma'am"

Sabito answered in a warm tone, to convinced the old woman in front of them to let them within her inn.

Giyuu had the, as Shinobu calls it, 'emotional and social capacity of a rock'. So he let Sabito do all the talking for them.

"It is narrow"

The woman warned then with a stubborn look in her eyes.

"It will be alright with us, after all my dear companion is still recovering and is greatly in need to stay in a room"

Sabito put on a pleading expression that Giyuu that seems to have finally convinced the old woman.

"The men's bathroom is right in the end of the corridor and your room is just beside it"

Sabito beemed a smile as she paid the woman and grasped Giyuu's hand to guide him into the room where they were staying.

The pink haired man's hands were rough due to the callouses that was the proof of his hard work, training and battling demins. But they also felt warm and soothing for Giyuu, to the point that he felt greatly disappointed when the other let go of his hand, when they arrived at the room.