|| вleed (2/2) ||

His kindness comes in the form of a pitcher of water.

"Try to make it last," Ramsey said, his face twisted in that terrible smirk of his. "Who knows when I'll remember to feed you, you know I'm not a very good owner, pet."

That was... how long ago? You can't remember, you were too terrified and too hungry for that. You heard the stories that followed the Bastard of the Boltons. He locked his wife up in a tower and drove her mad as she starved to death. Just as he was doing to you.

You tried to ration the water, but it wasn't enough. The pitcher lasted about a week. Now there was nothing, just the hunger. The aching hunger that consumed your every moment. You don't dream anymore. There's just the darkness that seems more and more difficult to escape from. You don't bother to think of the past, the present already took too much effort to live through. The door opens but you're too weak to do much. Someone rushes, refilling your pitcher of water, they place a pieces of bread within the folds of your dress, honey on your lips.

"You must live, milady, no matter what."

Your glassy eyes try to focus on the figure, your cracked lips try to speak a word of thanks, of anything but they can't. You can't do anything, not even when you hear the screams start. All you can do is close your eyes and try to tune out of his horrible voice.

"A life for a life," he hissed, "tell me, is your life worth a few pieces of bread and water?"

You don't remember what they say, all you hear is their screams.

"I'd almost forgotten about you, pet."

You can feel his boots stomp over to you. His eyes boring holes into you, his smile cutting across his face like a scar.

"You look terrible."

You don't respond. The bread feels warm against the folds of your dress.

"I suppose they've saved me the trouble of feeding you. Such a shame, she was one of my favourites too and I never noticed her intentions."

His boot presses on your side painfully. You can't taste the honey on your lips.

"You've lasted longer than the others, but then again you've been getting help. I suppose we'll see how you'll fare now. Don't worry pet,  I won't kill you, father won't let me."

He chuckles. You can't feel anything.

"I'll see you again, maybe in another week, pray you keep my interest. As you can see, I'm a very forgetful man."

It takes everything in you to stay conscious, you force yourself to taste. You have to survive.

It was difficult, you've never felt this alone. So you let the darkness wash over you.

The last thing you wonder is if you'll manage to get out of it this time.