Savannah in the student government

"Was I the only one who was ever in the student government?" Savannah asked.

"I was." Cerise stated, "I was also a mock lawyer too."

"I never had time for that stuff. Football took up much of my time." Noah shrugged.

"It didn't interest me at all." Willow replied.

"Yeah, it didn't interest me either." Xander added in.

"I loved it. We took on a wide range of responsibilities like organizing student activities like dances, spirit weeks, community service and fundraising movements and assemblies." Savannah explained, "It was fun I thought."

"Only you." Willow shook her head.

"What?" Savannah raised her eyebrow.

"Going from bookworm to student government!" Xander said for his sister.

"Maybe I came out of my shell a little bit after my first play." She shrugged making everyone else laugh.

"Don't feel bad, Savannah. I loved it to." Cerise stated, "It gave me a chance to have a say in what happened around the school and helped me to learn how to better work with others."

"That's part of why I loved it too." Savannah expressed.

There was a spot on the student government going by the school bulletin board. It sounded interesting, and something she could pad her resume with when she went to college, so she thought she'd talk to her mother about it when she went home. After a lengthy discussion, Savannah decided to go for it and apply for the student government. She was excited when she was accepted.

One night while it was her turn to talk to her daddy andpoppa, she gave them her good news about being on the student government. Timwas thankful his daughter was finally coming out of her shell. And studentgovernment meant she had to work with lots of other students. Although she wasn'tplanning on going to law school or anything of that nature, Savannah stillwanted to participate in the student government to help pad her resume forcollege. On top of being able to help her fellow students.

The first thing she helped with was organizing a food drive for a local food pantry. Her family had never wanted for anything but she knew not all families were as lucky as she was. It was her job to find a place they could set up for their food drive. She called around to several stores and finally found one that would allow them to set up outside a ways from their front door. She took down the manager's name and phone number before thanking him.

On the day of their drive, she helped set up a table with signs and several boxes for people to drop food in. A few of the parents were hanging out too in case something happened. They would drive all the food they donated that day to the food pantry to donated it on behalf of their school. They got more donations than Savannah thought they would and always thanked each and every person who donated something.

One of her favorite things was helping to organize a bake sale to help raise funds for their spring social. When telling her mother about it, Ama was quick to say she'd help bake some goodies for her to take and sell. Savannah threw herself into her mother's arms in thanks. The night before the bake sale, Savannah and Willow were in the kitchen helping their mother make a huge platter of chocolate chip cookies, a pan of brownies, and a blue velvet cake with whipped vanilla frosting.

Ama helped Savannah set up before browsing the other goodies. People were already stopping by so she made it quick. She picked up a chocolate cake and a platter of sugar cookies, giving her daughter a wink as she paid for her purchases. They made more money than their goal to everyone's surprise. Savannah loved planning things out. Even planning their dances. She didn't have a date for spring social but she found it fun planning it.

They even helped plan the Senior prom sincethere were several seniors on the council. The first thing they had to do wasdecide what the theme was for the event. Then they'd have to get theappropriate decorations. After that, they'd have to find entertainment, figureout the refreshments, and prepare a voting sheet for the Prom King and Queen.It was hard work but Savannah loved working with her fellow students. Her voicewas heard, she could help her fellow students when they had problems, and shecould help plan things out.

A/N: Sounds like Savannah did a lot of hard work in the council, huh?

Please review and vote below!