Xander's first baseball game

"Springtime is my favorite time of the year." Xander suddenly exclaimed as he sipped his beer.

"And why's that?" Willow raised her eyebrow.

"It's the start of baseball season!" He beamed.

"Ugh. Sports. Should have known." Savannah rolled her eyes making her sisters laugh.

"Sports are awesome! You just don't know what you're talking about." Noah shook his head.

"Riiiight." Willow drew out the word.

"You played baseball all through middle school and high school, right?" Cerise asked.

"I started playing t-ball when I was five. I played it all the way until I could start actual baseball in middle school. It's my favorite sport." Xander stated with a smile.

"I think I remember your first actual baseball game. You were so excitable and antsy!" Cerise laughed.

Just like Amarelle did with all of Noah's football games, she brought all the kids out to watch Xander play t-ball and baseball. This was a big night for Xander, it was his first baseball game in middle school. His team had practiced every day after school and he was very excited. Cerise brought along a book to read since she wasn't into the sports scene. Noah was happy to watch his brother play and cheer for him. Willow and Savannah had brought coloring books to occupy themselves.

Just like she did with Noah, Ama brought along her camera to video Xander. He always looked over to where she was making her wave at him. He waved back despite his teammates teasing him a little for it. He was sad his daddy and poppa weren't there to watch him but that's why his momma was videoing the game so she could send it to them to watch.

He couldn't quit bouncing from one foot to the other. This was his favorite sport and he wanted to get to playing. His coach made them all stand for the national anthem and then the game got started. Before his turn at the bat, he looked back and waved at his momma again. She once again, waved back at him as she made sure he was in the shot. The first two balls thrown at him were strikes. The third ball, however, went deep into the outfield.

Xander ran as fast as his legs could carry him to each of the diamonds. He was on third base before the other team got the ball. His teammates were cheering for him. His momma and brother were cheering for him. His heart was pounding in his chest and he was very excitable. The next player up to bat hit his ball on the first try out into the outfield. Xander ran straight for home plate making his teammates cheer again.

He looked up to see his momma and brother standing up cheering too. He smiled at them before walking into the dug-out. Every chance he got, he looked over at his family. His momma always smiled and waved at him. He was very good at hitting his balls deep into the outfield and even got onehome-run once! He ran as fast as his legs could carry him all the way around until he hit the home plate again. His teammates engulfed him in a tight hug. They won their very first game making him feel invincible.

"I was antsy and excitable. But we won our game and that's all that mattered!" Xander laughed.

"I think I read or did homework or something while you were playing. I've never been interested in sports like you guys." Cerise shrugged, "Sorry."

"Eh, mom was there videoing it for dad and poppa. That's all that really mattered." Xander laughed.

A/N: Please review and vote below!