Chapter Fourteen: A Night Under The Fireworks

Start from the beginning

Still, Sasuke hasn't come back yet that Sakura is beginning to start to worry what could've happened to the young Uchiha. But really, what could've happened to him when he has his sharingan and rinnegan and he is practically one among the few strongest shinobi on this land.

Sakura sighed. Maybe Sasuke is just trying to ditch the Festival and him wearing the yukata which he must've found embarrassing. What's embarrassing about wearing a comfortable, form of clothing? He should be embarrass when he's naked.

Sakura looked once more at the living room before she decided to walk towards the door but stopped abruptly when she realized something.

Before she went to the washroom to change, she was certain the paper bag containing Sasuke's yukata was on the top of the coffee table. But now it's gone.

The night breeze blew from the open window. Again, Sakura was certain the window wasn't left open. The curtains flew as it revealed the luminous Village in front. Sakura walked towards the window to close it. Maybe her mind is playing tricks on her again. She was too absorbed reading the book that she must've forgotten to lock the window and she must've misplace the paper bag.

Otherwise, she should be really worried that someone had slipped their way in the room. Though it's not like Sakura isn't capable of dealing with them herself. For all the burglars know, they picked the wrong room to rob and the wrong girl to deal with. She is more than enough to protect herself.

As she locked the window firmly and tucked the curtains on the side, she suddenly felt a hand on her shoulder. The hand felt big and calloused. In a matter of second, Sakura swat the hand of the assailant and swirled around ready to deliver a punch on whoever dared startled her.

Right when her fist was about to connect on the man's nose, a hand stopped her. The man's palm enclosing around her fist, fitting rather perfectly.

"That's not a very nice greeting," the man said.

The man, apparantly has the same voice as Sasuke. Because apparently, the man that Sakura thought was a burglar. The man that Sakura almost punched the light out of was actually Sasuke.

Sakura blinked a few times. She tried to pull her fist but Sasuke's grip was firm.

"Sasuke-kun I'm sorry, I thought you were someone else. Besides, I thought you're not interested in the Festival and has an issue with yukatas."

Sasuke frowned slightly, although the mere change in his expression did go unnoticed. "I don't have an issue with yukatas. I'm wearing it now."

Sakura blinked again and her eyes traveled down. Sure, he's already wearing the yukata. And man did the clothe fit him so perfectly.

Sakura had to remind herself to avert her eyes from raking his body too much.

Sasuke, instead of letting go of Sakura's hand, decided to pull the pinkette and laced their hands together to which the utter gesture made Sakura's cheeks tint in red.

"Sasuke-kun, where have you been?" Sakura asked as they stepped outside the inn and to the now bustling Sunagakure.

"Took off some business," Sasuke said. Sakura doesn't know if he's walking too fast or she's just walking too slow because it seems like she's being dragged by Sasuke.

"Business? What happened?" Sakura frowned. She tugged Sasuke's hand to make him walk slower to which the Uchiha did.

"You should be close to me all night. If you're going somewhere make sure I can see you. Don't go off on your own."