Single Combat

~To believe in Family~

The combat was just about to start. Amelia was already in front of the place where the battle was about to happen. She stood there proudly looking coldly at the Miraz. He glanced a few times over to her. 

Peter and Edmund walk out of Aslan's How as the Narnianscheer them on. Amelia turns to them as they stop next to her. Peter looks over her. "Thank you Amelia. I'm sorry for all the bad words I've said and the things I've done." Amelia frowns. 

"High King Peter, why does this sound like you're saying goodbye?" Peter chuckles at her. She stands in front of him. "Listen now, you are the High King Peter, you are the first of Adam's sons who ruled the Narnia along with your brother and sisters. You are King of these people. You are big brother who has to take care of your brother and sister's. You are Peter Magnificent. Now show us that you are what we believe and kick that old man's back. Give us back our home. Our Narnia."

Peter nods at her and does something that shocks her. He pulls her in a hug. She returns it back smiling for knowing the fact that finally, she and Peter are friends. "Thank you Amelia." He pulls back and looks at Miraz, finally taking the steps closer to him. Amelia stood next to Ed and he pulled her hand to his so they were holding each other's hands.

Miraz and Peter are circling each other saying some words that only the two of them heard.Peter pulls down his helmet and jumps at Miraz. They beginfighting. Amelia clenched Ed's hand and they look at each other.

"Don't worry love, he's going to be okay." She nod at him and continues to watch how the sword's danced between Peter and Miraz. Peter hits Miraz in the back. Miraz knocks off Peter'shelmet, and then his coif. Peter swings low, and cutsMiraz's leg. Miraz glances at Glozelle who is still holdingthe crossbow. Miraz swings, and Peter falls over butquickly recovers. Miraz trips Peter, and then steps on hisshield. Peter yells and Amelia clenches her jaw also holding Edmund's hand thighter. Miraz swings,but Peter rolls out of the way. Peter keeps rolling andblocking. Then he stops and Miraz trips. Both quickly getup, breathing heavily. Peter looks over Miraz' shoulder andsees Caspian and Susan riding up.

Amelia looks behind her and notices them also. She was happy to see them togheter.  She looks back to see Peter and Miraz limp back to their sides. First thing Peter blurted out was his sister's name. "Lucy..." Susan nod at him. "She got through...With a little help." Amelia looks at Caspian with a smile. He just winks at her as Peter thanks him.

Peter looks up at the How. " Better get up there, just in case. I don‟texpect the Telmarines will keep their word." Susan hugs Peter and Amelia saw in how much pain he was. Amelia hugs Caspian finally and closes her eyes in the hug. "Thank Aslan you're safe." She whispers and he smiles. "Don't worry my little princess, I'll always be with you." 

They look at Peter who raises his sword and forces a smile. The Narnianscheer. He sits down so Ed could fix his shoulder. Amelia and Caspian walk closer. Peter holds his arm and groans. Edmund looks at it.

"I think it‟s dislocated. ... What do youthink happens back home if you die here? ... You know, you‟vealways been there. I never really—AWW!" Peter starts, but the pain in the arm when Ed fixed it caused him to shout and cut himself off. "Save it for later." Ed says and Amelia notices how he hided his concern. She knew that he was worried about his older brother, but he had to be strong because he's one of the kings.

Peter shakes his head when offered his helmet. Miraz alsopushes away his helmet. They walk out to the fighting area again. Peter attacks quickly, but Miraz parries. Mirazstarts hitting Peter with his shield. Peter falls, andMiraz runs towards him. Peter blocks and then trips Miraz.They both recover. Peter knocks Miraz' sword out of hishand. They continue fighting, Miraz using his shield. Petertries to stab Miraz but fails. Miraz knocks Peter's swordout of his hand. Miraz tries to slam his shield into Peter,but Peter catches it. Peter twists Miraz' shield behindhim. Miraz elbows Peter in the face and then pushes himinto a pillar. Miraz picks up his sword and swings, butPeter blocks it with his vambraces. Peter stands up andpunches Miraz' wounded leg. Miraz yells and falls down,dropping his sword.

" Respite! Respite!" Miraz yells and Amelia's heart stops. This isn't usual thing he would do. "Now‟s no time for chivalry, Pete!" Edmund yells making her jump, noticing that he takes her hand again in his making her feel safe. 

Peter hesitates. Miraz holds up his hand preparing for theblow. Peter lowers his arm and starts walking back to hisside. After Pete's back is turned, Miraz grabs his swordand runs towards Peter. "Look out!" Edmund yells to save his brother. Peter dodges just and time, grabs the sword, twists itaround, and stabs Miraz beneath the arm. Miraz gasps andfalls to his knees. Peter, holding Miraz' sword, hesitatesagain. 

"What‟s the matter, boy? Too cowardly to take a life?" Peter shakes his head. "It‟s not mine to take." Peter looks at Caspian. Caspian steps forward, and Peterhands Miraz' sword to him. Caspian slowly raises the sword. Amelia's heart beated fast. Is he going to do it?

"Perhaps I was wrong. It seems you have the makingsof a good Telmarine king after all." That made Amelia angry knowing it made Caspian too. Miraz bows his head. Caspian raises the sword, screams, andstabs... the ground.

"Not one like you. Keep your life, but I am givingthe Narnians back their kingdom." Amelia felt proud of Caspian's deacidion. She smiled softly at her brother. Caspian walks away and the Narnians cheer. Amelia let go of Ed's hand and rushes to her brother hugging himm tight.

"I'm so proud of you. And they would be too." She says and could feel Caspian smiling at her neck. He let's go of her and they walk over to Peter and Ed. Amelia hugs Peter. "You've proved us your majesty." Peter chuckled. "I know."

Amelia walks to Ed taking his hand back. Caspian smiles at their hands. "Let's give the Narnians back their home." Just as he said that, a voice was heard.

" Treachery! They shot him! They murdered ourking! To arms!"