Chapter 1

Reagan stood atop a skyscraper in New York City. It was about noonish but that wasn't her main concern. Right now all she could focus on was the plummet straight to the ground. Don't think about it, she whispered to herself. Then, Reagan flung herself over the side of the building. The air rushed past her face and she grinned. Her bright silver wings shot out from behind her and her descent slowed. Extending them to their full sixteen foot length, she floated carefully to the ground. Reagan landed in a small alley, barely bug enough to fit her wings. Tucking them back into her black leather biker jacket, they were well hidden and no one could see them.
Reagan strolled out of the alley casually and partly because it was New York and partly because she could control people's emotions, no one payed any attention to her.
She walked down a staircase that led to the subway. After striding right through the main gate, she boarded the subway and grabbed onto a pole. There was a TV at the far end and it was on the news channel. The sound was low but Reagan had mega senses and could hear it. A blacked haired man was outside a group of people, asking them questions and such. Not very interesting. Leaning forward slightly, Reagan willed the TV to change the station. It turned to another channel and she was about to change it again when something caught her eye.
"We are on the site of a scientific lab where it was believed to study mutants. This site was burned to the ground but only one folder made it out alive. It has the name Enlighten on the front. It is said to be the name of the mutant," the woman on the television said as she held out a photo. "If anyone finds this mutant, please deliver it to science lab TMH, located on Manhattan. Back to you James."
Reagan felt her throat close and almost willed herself to disappear. That name was her name. That was a picture of her. That was the lab where she had been created, tested on, killed, and then brought back to life. That was the place she thought she had burned down so throughly but it turns out she hadn't.
Reagan's head swilled around and landed on the only person staring at her. He looked about her age (16) and had silver messy hair. He was leaning against the wall and his eyes were fixated on her. Swallowing hard, Reagan stepped back and the train came to suddenly stop, arriving at the station directly on time. Rushing off, Reagan pushed past people in her rush to escape the boy who's eyes searched her. Unfortunately, she was not paying attention and slammed right into a huge boy, about three times her size. She fell on the ground and the boy turned to look at her. His friends turned to her as well.
"Sorry," Reagan said as she leapt up off the ground. She made a move to pass the boys but one of them caught her by her jacket.
"Not so fast little girl. We haven't dealt with you yet."
"Let me go!" Reagan shouted as she struggled against the restraints holding her.
"Hey! Let her go," a voice said from behind them said. The boy reeled, still holding Reagan's jacket. The silver haired boy was standing in front of them.
"What are you gonna do about it, punk?" All the guys laughed. Reagan almost willed herself to transport forward but she didn't. There was already a price above her head for whoever returned her to the lab. She didn't need anymore publicity. The silver haired boy grinned and ran forward. But something was different. Time seemed to slow and the only ones able to move was him and her. The boy pried her away from the thug that was holding her back.
"Come with me," the boy said. Reagan paused but took his outstretched hand. He pulled her into his arms and lifted her. Running off, time snapped back and the thugs were standing there, completely confused.