I smiled. It meant a lot to me somehow. I looked at him.

"Well that was lucky then."

"Indeed." He hesitated for a brief moment.

"I wasn't sure whether you would - or could - look at me differently from back then."

"What do you mean?" I found it strange that a guy like him would be nervous. He could probably get any girl he wanted - why wouldn't he be confident?

"We'd always been friends." He started.

"So... maybe you still saw me like that."

I turned my head so I could look at him as he spoke. He had a point - but still... There was so much he didn't know.

"I had a crush on you back then, you know. I just... well, never said anything 'cause we were friends as you stated." It was true. I did have a crush on him back then but I figured most girls in our class did.

"Really? I didn't know actually." He smiled.

"You had a crush on me?" He laughed kindly.

"I think most girls did. There wasn't a lot of boys in our class." Tom was one of the only boys in our dancing class. Of course most of the girls found him cute. He laughed.

"My mom forced me to take ballet classes." He smiled.

"After all that wasn't such a bad thing."

"Well - I saw an interview with you... I heard you say that you mostly took those classes to meet girls - so are you completely sure that your mom forced you to anything?" I teased.

"That isn't a lie." He laughed a little and I could see the beautiful but guilty smile on his lips. I shook my head a little bit, but ended up smiling. Then I could sense that the movie was about to start 'cause the lights dimmed and the screen started brightening up. I forced myself to look away from him.

He handed me over the popcorn he bought for us to share. I took them. I just didn't hope the movie was too scary because then I was pretty sure I would throw the popcorns through the room.I didn't handle jumpscares well but then again, they were meant to scare people.

"Don't get too scared." he whispered. It made me laugh a little. I didn't mind watching horror movies. I wasn't the type of girl who screamed and made a big deal out of it but of course I could get scared. Luckily I would be staying at my dad's house tonight. I had to get up early tomorrow and he lived closer to the school than I did myself.

"I'll try."

"Or else I'm right here. If you need me." he said.

In the dark I could see him look at me.

"I'll remember that." I whispered. There was some kind of comfort in knowing that he was there if I needed him. I mean - who wouldn't dream of being in my seat right now?

"Okay good." he smiled. He looked back at the big screen in front of us and just like in those romantic movies I've been forced to watch with my sister, he placed his hand at the armrest between us.

I looked at his hand for a few seconds before I turned my attention towards the screen once again. I could feel a desperate need to take it but I was afraid that I somehow might have misread the situation. So I didn't. I didn't wanted to make a fool out of myself. What if he didn't meant it that way? He kept his hand there however.

I mean.. sure he said it was a date but that didn't have to mean anything like that... did it?

I knew he wouldn't go force me to take his hand. It was like a open invitation. He looked at me shortly. It would be so embarrassing if I had misread anything.

Slowly I moved my hand a little closer to his. I could start with that. See what his reaction to it was. I could see him move his hand a little closer to mine.

This was so teen-ish. Why didn't I just pull myself together? I took a deep breath before I moved my hand further some inches so the side of my hand was touching his.

Without looking at me I could see his smile grow. Slowly his fingertips touched mine. I could pull my hand to me if I wanted to but I didn't. I wanted to hold his hand regardless of what I've said beforehand. I wanted this to be a date.

Not many seconds later I felt his hand over mine. Holding it. And it felt like butterflies.

I could sense myself smiling in the dark. How could I not? We were undisturbed here. Nobody could ruin it like they did a few days ago.

His hand felt warm and somehow I felt strangely comfortable. I couldn't help myself. It was so nice to hold his hand and feel it around mine. It somehow felt safe. He looked at me. I could feel it. I wasn't sure I was ready for something more serious than holding hands tonight but it was a good place to start.

He looked at me. Not starting, looking. He tighten his hand a little around mine and I smiled at him. I wanted to smile at him. It was already a pretty good date and I was excited to see what would happen next.

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼

Thank you guys so much for reading this story! Already over 150 reads that's crazy! x