3

CHAEWON fumbled with the door knob, quickly scurrying away in the rain

CHAEWON fumbled with the door knob, quickly scurrying away in the rain. The air felt thicker then usual, but at least there is one pro out of the millions of cons.

Minju can feel an emotion, and that was fear.

God, it was eating her up from the gut. Tears started to spill again, her body thrashing about on the floor.

The door opened revealing her father she so wanted at the moment. "Min! Minju what—what happened to you," her breath got caught in her throat.

She felt like choking on her own spit.

"Thuh—The person that I care for left me!," she was trying her best now not to hyperventilate. Obviously failing.

Minju's father had carried her to her room, she couldn't help but want to disappear. Both of them silently agreed that Minju was not going to school the next day. God, she was out of it. What did she do? "You okay Min?," the girl nodded slowly. "I—I'm good," Minju pulled the covers up to her arms.

She was frightened. Minju's father said "Why are there bandages on your arms,". Minju was frozen, oh right that. "Oh—Uh, I tripped on glass," her father seemed to believe it. "Would you like me to stay here?," Minju shook her head no.

"Alright, baby," he kissed her forehead. "Thuh—Thank you," she covered herself with the comforter, quickly hiding her face into the pillow. She hated herself right now, and she'd give anything to go back in time.

Minju's phone started to ring loudly. Eyes widening seeing the contact. She quickly declined and shoved her phone into the pillows, eyes starting to water. Her face was contorted into something sour.

She was not ready to face Chaewon.

The rain was oddly heavy, and she desperately wanted to go out there and scream out her lungs, make them inflate.

God, she messed up big time. Kissing Chaewon was crossing the line that separated friends and lovers.

The rain seemed so soft and comforting, but Minju knew that if she stepped out of her room, she'd be reminded of Chaewon. And that seemed evil. The atmosphere of the room seemed so dull and grey, but outside looked like different shades of colors were dripping down from the sky. Minju wiped her tears as she gazed out of the window.

People with colorful umbrellas strolled down the streets of Seoul. It was gloomy for the outsiders, but god it was euphoric for Minju. Her room felt sturdy and dense. Minju finally pulled the bedding from her shoulders and her feet touched the floor. The floor was ice cold and uncomfortable for her feet. Oh, how she'd love to one snuggled in her bed, watching Netflix till' she passed out. But with the urge of crying and sleeping until the next day, the girl's gotta eat.

Her hands grazed over the counter, the broken glass must've been cleaned up from her father. Memories flowed throughout her head. She missed Chaewon's voice so much. Chaewon was syrupy sweet, like buttercream lathered all around her throat. the voice was sickly sweet, but god, Minju wanted more. She craved for more of it.

She missed it, god she needed it. Minju was desperate now, and she'd do anything for Chaewon to just forget about the kiss. Her head started to get dizzy as she started to stare at the counter.

Chaewon

Chaewon

Chaewon.

God, Minju pleaded for Chaewon to escape her mind, but at the same time she wanted her to stay. Her phone started to vibrate once more, it's been vibrating for minutes straight. Minju's thoughts subsided into smaller ones.

"Min, your phone," her father muttered pointing towards her room. "I—I know," she hugged her arms. "I bet it's important, could be mom," he said sadly. He couldn't bear seeing his daughter in such a bad state.

Minju hesitated, her fingers softly grabbed onto the plastic casing. Her heart thumped inside her chest repeatedly. Her eyes wavered over the contact. The pit in her stomach dropped, she felt like vomiting.

chaewonie:
minju im sorry for acting like that
chaewonie:
please
chaewonie:
im so sorry i shouldn't have ran away like that,
chaewonie:
i told you i'd be here for you, but i can't seem to get things right
chaewonie:
please minju
chaewonie:
answer me please
chaewonie:
minju i can't stop thinking about you
chaewonie:
minju please
chaewonie:
minju why'd u kiss me
chaewonie:
i didn't know about your feelings
chaewonie:
i didn't know i hurt them so badly
chaewonie:
please
chaewonie:
answer me
chaewonie:
minju
chaewonie:
please
chaewonie:
don't make me call you
chaewonie:
i've called you, i know you might need time but please
chaewonie:
minju, call me when your ready

You:

i'm ready

Her heart started to beat once more as she saw the phone call in front of her. She pressed the 'answer' button. "Minju!," the sweet voice called out to her. "I—I'm so sorry, I—I didn't know you felt this way," you could practically hear the desperation flowing throughout her words. "I didn't mean to string you on," the words shattered her heart. "Minju? Are you there,".

"Yuh—Yeah, I'm here," Minju's voice was so small and fragile, as if it could break anytime. "I didn't mean to hurt you," now it was Chaewon's turn to cry. "Minju, just know that I will always love you. Forever,"

"Buh—But you don't like me the way I want you too! You always look at me like—like I'll break any second. Like you're only here with me to rub it in my face that you left. You left I tried so hard to piece everything back together, but you always had to show that I didn't matter to you," she hiccuped.

"I'm just your best friend Chaewon. That's what I'll always be, and you keep giving me false hope about us. I know you're straight, I know you love him, I know you'll never see me as a lover. And I accept that, I really—really do," Chaewon stayed quiet.

"I do love you as a friend Minju-ah," her voice was small and petite compared from the earlier worry. "And—And I'd do anything for you. And if you want me to kiss you or—,"

"You keep doing it again!," Minju shouted over the phone. "Stop it. Stop trying to make it seem as if it's your fault. Cause it's not Chae, it's mine for falling for you," the younger abruptly ended the call. Her heart felt like it would explode.

God what did she do. She just told the love of her life all of her feelings. The whole deal, and guess what? Minju's fifth friendaversary with Chaewon was in two days. And Minju was dreading   to see the older.