Chapter Eighteen: Erik meets Addie's mum again

ابدأ من البداية

"It's our choice whether to visit you or not," Addie told her.

She walked up to her father's grave, kneeled down putting the flowers we got next to the grave and walked back to me.

"It's good to know that you still care about dad," Addie said to her.

Just as we started to walk away, her mum stopped us, "can you come over for dinner tonight?"

"Is there a reason you'd like us to come over?" I asked turning to her.

"I'd like to get to know you if you're dating my daughter" she replied.

"We'll think about it," I said.

"7 o'clock if you decide to come," she told us.

(Time skip)

We agreed that we would go to dinner but I could tell Addie was nervous from how much she was fiddling with her hands and the engagement ring.

"Don't be nervous," I told her.

She took a deep breath before saying, "alright."

She rang the doorbell and seconds later, her mum opened the door.

"Ah, I see you accepted my invite," she said, "come in."

We were led into the living room where there were pictures of Addie when she was younger. She actually looked really cute when she was little.

"So," she said sitting in the chair opposite the sofa we sat on, "how long have you known my daughter?"

"Almost two and a half years" I replied.

"How did you two meet?" She asked.

"We were both in the Opera Populair and I heard her sing so I sang along with her," I told her.

"What do you think of her singing?" She asked.

"I think it's wonderful" I replied.

She asked more and more questions which we both answered. When her mum left to go sort out dinner, Addie showed me her old room. In her old room was a single bed, a table with a mirror which was covered from top to bottom with pictures of family and friends, a wardrobe, a set of drawers, a television at the end of her bed, on one of the walls there were pictures of me almost all over the wall and above her bed was a well-painted picture of my mask.

"Someone's a big fan of me," I said.

"Yeah," she said blushing.

"When did you do all this?" I asked.

"About a year after I found out about you," she replied.

"A little creepy don't you think?" I asked.

"At the time I didn't know you actually existed," Addie said.

"Fair enough," I said.

"Dinners ready!" Addie's mum shouted up to us.

We went downstairs to see the table set with dinner on the table.

"Hope you like puff pastry," her mum said sitting down.

"I've never had puff pastry," I said sitting down.

"Did your mother not cook it?" She asked.

"We never ate much when I was a child," I said quickly thinking of lies about my life.

"Have you met Erik's parents Addie?" She asked.

"No," Addie replied.

"My father died before I was born and when I was twenty years old my mother grew very ill and we couldn't pay for medicine so I found a job to try pay for it but she passed away before I could get the medicine," I told her.

"I'm sorry for your losses," Addie's mum said.

"It's alright," I said.

At some point during dinner, her mum saw the engagement ring I gave Addie.

"What's this?" Her mum asked taking Addie's hand, "are you engaged?"

"Y-yeah," Addie stuttered.

"How long?" She asked looking over at me.

"Only a few days," Addie replied taking her hand back.

"Well.... congratulations," she said.... happily?

"You're happy?" We asked.

"Of course I am," she said, "my little girl is getting married."

We were speechless, to say the least. We were not expecting that reaction from her.

"I can tell that you two love each other very much and wish to become more than just girlfriend and boyfriend," she said, "I will not interfere with your choice."

"Thank you," we said together.