Crossing the Line

Athanasia turned to face Jeannette with a murderous glare.

"This has to stop now! Whatever it is that you're going through. We'll fix it together, meandyou. Just like we'vealways done." Jeannette told her with a panicked at frightened look. Athanasia scoffed.

"No! This has to stopnow! This thing where you think that you've been my friend! And don't even hear how you condescend, the way you've always done!" Athanasia snarled at her. This startled Jeannette as she took a step back.

"Athanasia, listen." Jeannette started.

"I'm listening!" Athanasia snapped.

"I know it isn't true." Jeannette said with a sad smile.

"Isn't it?" Athanasia replied with a cold and menacing tone.

"Just look into my eyes now," Both jewelled eyes clashed, one full of sadness and hope, the other cold and dead.

"Well?" Athanasia asked impatiently.

"I know you feel it too!" Jeannette exclaimed.

"Perhaps I do..." Athanasia trailed off as hints of blank started to appear in her eyes.

"Athanasia, listen." Jeannette said as she walked closer to Athanasia.

"I'm listening..." Athanasia trailed off. Looking down.

"I swear it's not too late! So before another line gets crossed. And everything we've had is lost. Just... wait." Jeannette said as she tried to reach out to her sister as Athanasia lifted her head to look Jeanette in the eyes.

Athanasia's eyes widened as she froze. "Wait? No, I won't wait!" Athanasia screamed as she pushed Jeannette away.

"Atthy!" Jeannette exclaimed. Then Athanasia ran off, away from the wrench to tried to manipulate her into releasing their monster of a father. Her monster of a father!

"There's a line between the winners and the losers." Athanasia slowed down as she looked behind her to see that she lost Jeannette, "There's a line between the chosen and the rest!And I've done the best I could. But I've always known just where we stood. Me here with the luckless. You there with the blessed!" Then she ran off deeper into the woods.

"And that line between the beggars and the choosers. Is a line you've never let me quite ignore! How I've tried to jump that great divide! But I've never got the chances you were given." She then turned back to see if Jeannette was still following her before continuing to run.

"You don't know how much I've been denied! Well, I'm not being patient anymore!" Athanasia then jumped down a small ledge to get further away from those who have wronged her. Away from them with the crown she was meant to have.

"I'm crossing the line! And I'm done holding back! So look out, clear the track! It's my turn! I'm taking what's mine! Every drop, every smidge. If I'm burning a bridge, let it burn! But I'm crossing the line!" Athanasia crossed the small river as she headed for the direction of her and Lucas' house. "And for us, if we're over, that's fine!" She looked back to see Jeannette panting, up on that ledge.

"Athanasia! Wait!" Jeannette called out to her sister.

"I'm crossing the line." And with that she disappeared into the thick forest.