I race towards him, only to see him smirk as he sneaks up the stairs. Derek jumps out of reach from one of the Oni and yanks me behind him. I open my mouth to yell at him until I see a sword swing through the air, where my head was just seconds ago. As much as I want to kill the Nogistune myself, my help is needed. Ethan and Aiden are fighting against one Oni and the other one is going against Derek and I. 

        Derek is far more a better fighter than I am. The only thing I'm better at than him is I control fire. I fling both of my hands down, creating a ring of fire around the Oni. Part of me was hoping that it would be stop the Oni for a second, but it just stepped over the line. Derek fights against it, pushing me out of the way. 

        Another Oni appears on my left. I jump back as its sword swipes inches away from slicing my stomach open. I kick my leg up, wishing I had claws like the three of them. My hands burn hot and I fling fire at the Oni. 

        "Where the hell are they?" Ethan yells in mid punch.

        "The jeeps's here." Aiden throws an Oni to the ground. "They have to be somewhere!"

        "In the school!" Derek shouts.

        The Oni kicks me to the ground. Derek darts away from the Oni attacking him to forcefully push me away from all of them.  Nearly tripping over my feet, Aiden grabs me before I can faceplant. I straighten back up, whipping my head around to see Derek on the stairs with the Oni's arm in his hand. Why do people keep risking their lives for me?

        "You have to get the box!" Derek yells at the two of us. 

        I look towards the box, where two Oni appear behind it. Aiden and I can do this. 

        Aiden's face morphs back to a his wolf face. "I hate ninjas." 

        The Oni spins their swords through the air, both of them pointed at us. I pant from all of this fighting. My mom never taught me this kind of fighting. It was always how to create fire and use it to my advantage. I form two fireballs in both of my hands before joining them together to form an even bigger one. 

        Aiden stalks forwards. I throw the ball of fire at the two of them. They catch on fire for a second until it extinguishes. Aiden and I team up, fighting against the two of them. I duck as one of the swords swing over my head and Aiden kicks the Oni in it's stomach. It falls to the ground. I fling a fireball at the other Oni. The back of its sword knocks into the back of my knees. I land on the ground, my breathe getting knocked out of me. 

        "We can't do this! We can't beat them!" Ethan yells from somewhere behind us. 

        An Oni jumps through the air, slicing Aiden's arm. I sweep my leg out, knocking the Oni down. Aiden clutches his bleeding arm. I jump back up to my feet, throwing fire at the Oni. Anger courses through my veins as I feel my whole body grow hot. A line of fire soar out of my hands instead of being just a ball. I hold my ground, careful to not lose focus. One of the Oni full on catches on fire from head to toe. 

        "Take the box, Arden! We'll hold them off!" Aiden points to me. 

        I stop the fire and run over to the box. I reach down to pick it up only to be shoved to the ground by the Oni that was on fire. A sharp pain shoots from my shoulder. I glance at it to see my jacket sliced open and blood seeping through it. Black smoke floats out of it. What the hell is that? A glint of silver shines from the moon. The sword is inches away from my chest. Derek appears out of nowhere, shoving the Oni away. I clutch my bleeding shoulder, concentrating on having it heal.