16 - Over

Aiden drapes his arm over my shoulders. He has been holding me some kind of way ever since I arrived at Derek's loft. I had to get out- had to get away from everyone. I told everyone that I was going to tell the Twins and Derek in person that Allison was dead. Truth be told, I just couldn't see everyone so upset about Allison being gone when it was my fault. 

        I didn't know what to say when I arrived at Derek's loft. All I did was step through the already opened door and stand still with tears rolling down my cheeks. I've hurt so many people. They barely even noticed me until they stopped talking. Aiden made the first move and hugged me, asking over and over what happened. When I was finally able to say it, he just hugged me tighter. I didn't tell them it was my fault. I didn't say that she saved me, but I couldn't save her. I didn't say any of that. 

        I step out of his embrace. It's not over yet. I need to shut off my emotions for now. I can hate myself for this later. Derek got a call from Scott saying he needed to bring a triskele box with his mother's claws in it. Supposedly, if we catch the Nogistune's spirit and trap it in wood that was from the Nemeton tree then it will not be able to escape. Everything will be done. 

        I walk alongside of Aiden as we make our way towards Void Stiles and the Oni. We've been keeping to the shadows, quietly creeping along them to avoid being seen or heard. I know we are about to get in another fight. I won't let anyone risk their life for me. No one is going to die. I won't allow it. 

        Derek stands in the middle of the walkway about twenty feet from where Void Stiles is sitting on the outside stairs that lead towards the school The Oni are behind him, standing up. Ethan is on the other side, hidden in the shadows just like Aiden and I are. 

        "Did you bring us a present?" Void Stiles asks, smirking. 

        Derek sets the triskele box on the ground by his feet. "I brought three." Derek replies.

        The three of us step out of the shadows to stand behind Derek. Void Stiles tilts his head to the side when he sees me. Aiden's arm fell off of my shoulders once we stepped out, but I am now standing between him and Derek. 

        "I've heard of an Alpha pack, Derek, but not a pack of former Alphas. It's a little sad, isn't it?" He smiles. 

          Derek walks forward with us behind him. "I might not be an Alpha anymore, but I can still fight like one." He growls. 

        The Oni swipe their swords through the air.

        Void Stiles holds up a hand. "Before this begins, I'd like to say something." His eyes lock on me. "Arden, you feel all of that pain you have inside of you? I can make it all go away. I can make you turn off all of your emotions, to never feel pain again. All you have to do is join me."

        "Piss off." I sneer. 

        Void Stiles shrugs. "I tried. I hope no one else dies because of you tonight." He stands up. "It would seem like people always die when they are friends with you and it's always your fault."

        I face falters. How does he know that? No one knows about Blair. No one knows that she blamed me for her death. The only person I ever told was my mom. 

        "You don't know me." I whisper, struggling to keep my voice from shaking. 

        "I know everything about you." 

        Aiden steps forward, growling. His growl was all it took for the Oni to start to attack us. Ethan, Aiden, and Derek rush forward to fight back. I stand still just staring back at Void Stiles as he stares back. The three of them are fighting against the Oni. They can handle them. I'm going after the Nogistune.