14 - Meredith

"She's having...boy troubles." I pace the hallway in the McCall's house with my phone pressed to my ear. "And cramps."

        Dad groans in my ear. 

        "She doesn't want to talk to anyone, but me, so I've been letting her rant. I can come home, but don't be surprised if I leave a little after because she needs a shoulder to cry on. You know how the hormones get." I make up on the spot. 

        "You're rarely ever home." 

        "I know. I'll try to get better at that. I was just worried that when I got here, I wouldn't make any friends and now that I have-"

        "I understand. I get it. I'm happy for you, but you owe me a movie marathon."

        I smile to myself. "I can do that. Just not this week. Kira and I have plans." 

        "Alright. Be safe. Try not to get arrested. I don't have that much money on me to bail you out right now." Dad chuckles, yet still being serious.

        I lean up against the wall near Scott's room. "I don't think there is anything illegal on the list of things to do tonight. So, I think you are good." 

        Scott walks up the stairs, slowly walking up to me. He smiles when he sees I'm on the phone.

        "Anyways, I need to go." I say to my dad with my eyes on Scott. "Kira wants to go get some ice cream. I'll call you later. Love you." I hang up, stuffing my phone back in my pocket. 

        "Boy trouble and cramps?" Scott chuckles.

        I roll my eyes. "Shut up. It's the only thing to keep him from asking a bunch of questions." I look towards the stairs. "Is she here?"

        Scott nods. "Yeah. Let's go tell Stiles."

        I follow Scott in his bedroom. Stiles is laying on the bed with Mrs. McCall sitting on the bed. Stiles sits up when he sees the two of us enter. 

        "Is she here?" He asks the same question I did.

        "Yeah." 

        "Okay, let's do this."

        I walk to Stiles' side and loop an arm around his back. Mrs. McCall moves out of the way to let Scott get on his other side. We lead him out of the bedroom, downstairs, and to Mrs. Yukimura. Stiles' hand grips my side a litte tighter. I don't know if he did it out of fear or because he knows what is about to happen and he's not looking forward to it. I send him a reassuring smile.

        "Do you recognize me?" Mrs. Yukimura asks.

        The front door opens and Kira runs inside. "Stop."

        Stiles peels away from us. He walks over to Mrs. Yukimura. "It's okay. I'm the ne who asked her to come." 

        "You're the one who's going to get stabbed with swords." Kira turns to her mother. "Mom, don't do this to him." 

        Mrs. Yukimura keeps her gaze on Stiles. "It's already done."

        Two Oni appear in the room. I jump a little surprised by their sudden appearance. Mrs. McCall grabs my wrist out of fear. The two Oni stand with one in front of Stiles and the other behind him. One grabs the side of Stiles' head. The Oni's eyes glow yellow. Gasping and choking noises come from Stiles. Worried, I grab Mrs. McCall's hand, needing to hold on to something.