"What about Nour-"

"The handsome one with the Eye of Ra under his eye?" Sanaa asked.

"Yes?"

"He seemed to be in a mood today, I don't know. I want that book back, don't bring him if he isn't one hundred percent. I can keep him company here-" Sanaa suggested.

"Yeah, okay, I'll call him later." Ruy cut off Sanaa's thought before it got out of control.

"How should we even get there? What is the plan?" Sophie asked a hand on her forehead.

"I don't know, but we have to leave today to cut them off-"

"Wait, what?" Lilac asked from the kitchen. Lilac entered the courtyard, a large cup of caffeinated tea for Sophie in her hands and an upset expression on her face.

"Lia, todayis the fall festival, you are expected to be there! Maria and I have been planning your birthday representation there for weeks!" Lilac whined, handing Sophie her tea.

"I know that, but some very important people and a very important book is in trouble, and we have to get it before the Neverseen does," Sophie argued, taking her tea from Lilac.

"But it is more than just a birthday celebration Lia," Lilac said, ignoring Sanaa's comment.

"What do you mean?" Sophie asked, confused. Sophie's birthday celebrations and fall festivals were always small and in the Grecian village she lived right next to, they weren't even that important. But they meant a lot to Sophie.

"Since we are celebrating in Renisanca this year, the rich folk of Inalia are going to be there. Maria also wants to take the opportunity of the festival to introduce the guild to the public more properly. Having the leader of the guild not being at her own birthday celebration won't look very good." Lilac reasoned. Everyone went quiet at the realization, Sophie wide-eyed.

"Shit, she has a point," Sanaa hissed from behind Sophie.

"Wait, wait, wait. You and our aunt were planning on using me as a figurehead for the Assassins?" Sophie asked through her teeth. Lilac thought through what Sophie said before popped with her mouth and nodded her head.

"Wow." Sophie breathed, not knowing whether to be angry or impressed.

"Okay, as much as I would like to see Sophie try to talk with the stuck up people of Inalia-" Sophie glared at Ruy, "-This is a huge deal. The even smallest possibility that this book could end up in the Neverseen's hands could be disastrous." Ruy argued back. Sophie massaged her temples, trying to take in the information.

"The break into Exuillium is at the break of dawn, if we hurry and retrieve the book and fight off the Neverseen, I can return in time to make this public appearance?" Sophie proposed, annoyed she was having to even deal with the public right now. Lilac shrugged and glanced at the moon, which was so high in the sky it was quite obvious what time of night it was.

"I'm just trying to remind you that there are multiple things on the line. I need to go to bed, just promise me you will come back this time?" Lilac asked. Sophie smiled and nodded, telling Lilac what she needs to hear.

"See you in the morning," Sophie whispered.

"See you in the morning you little rascal," Ruy said, messing up Lilac's hair. Lilac giggled and wished everyone goodnight, and darted upstairs. Sophie turned to Sanaa and Ruy, and ran her hands through her scalp, not bothering to go down the length of her hair.

"Okay, we can do this. Protect and possibly steal the book for ourselves, and keep the Neverseen away from Exullium." Sophie sighed.

"You are forgetting something, Amalia," Sanaa said, crossing her arms. Sophie looked at Sanaa annoyed, already overwhelmed with information.