Chapter 2: (untilted)

Michelle bats her long eyelashes and rubs Eddie on his arm in a flirtatious manner.

Venom is seething inside of his host. 

He slithers down to the pit of Eddie's belly and presses hard up against the side of the man's bladder. 

Eddie's eyes widen and before he could give the waiting woman his answer, he is bolting out of the bread aisle and headed straight for the bathroom.

"Venom that was not nice buddy why did you do that?!" 

Eddie hisses out loud as he shuts the bathroom door and latches it, quickly undoing his pants he face the bowl and relieves himself.

'we did not like the way she was flirting with us Eddie.'  Venom's voice is mildly hurt and filled with an emotion that he doesn't quite understand. 

"Flirting? V we were just having a conversation that's all, she was just being friendly. Don't have a cow buddy adults are friendly with each other all the time." 

Eddie doesn't see the problem when it is clearly staring him in the face. Venom is jealous of Michelle and how close she got to his Eddie. 

"First off Eddie we don't have a cow to give to you! And second…. 

Venom trails off as Eddie flushes the toilet, gathers himself then heads for the sink to wash his hands. 

Turning on the water, Eddie sees Venom staring at him through the mirror with a look that can only be described as disgust, disinterest, anger possibly?

"Don't look at me like that you paranoid parasite, I told you she was just being friendly. 

Venom stands up big and tall stretching his form in the mirror to almost tower over the human's reflection and hisses at him. 

"WE ARE NOT A PARASITE YOU HOMEWRECKER!" 

Eddie can't hold in the laugh any longer and he doubles over holding his stomach, his wet hands coming to rest on his hoodie. 

"WHAT IS SO GODDAMN FUNNY EDDIE, WE WERE NOT TRYING TO BE FUNNY!"

"D...do you, oh man, do you even know what a homewrecker is love?"  

For a good solid minute Venom ponders over what he had called Eddie and then he finally admits that he doesn't know that word. 

Eddie wipes his hands on his hoodie and explains to Venom what a homewrecker is, as they go back to their basket and the reporter guides them in the direction of the candles to get Anne's present. 

"A homewrecker, is someone who has an affair with a married man or woman afterwards, they end up breaking up the family and the marriage of the person who is married." 

Venom moves from Eddie's stomach to moving over his spleen and heads up to his ribs and snuggles up against his heart. 

"I see… so homewreckers are bad Eddie?" 

"Yes. But that doesn't mean Michelle is one or that I am okay?"

Eddie at this point is scanning through the different candles. He picks up each one and smells it, trying to decide which smell is better peach cobbler or apple pie. 

When Eddie and Anne were dating one of his fondest memories is of last winter. 

It had been a really cold evening and Eddie had come home after a very long and hard day at work. The boss was giving him hell for the stories that he had covered the past few days and told Eddie that he needed to focus on more important things like the war in Iraq than, Carlton Drake.