“What size are those?” he said. “D cup or double D cup?”

   Hailey, who had been sitting next to him, growled fiercely and punched Walt right on the top of his head, smacking him hard enough to make him bend his back forward so his head was between his knees and cry out in pain. “The only cup you need is one to keep your teeth after I knock them out.”

   Vinny laughed. “Please, do forgive him. He can come out strong and he is a bit of a creep, but he’s a good person deep down.”

   “Who are you calling a creep?!” Walt shouted angrily, glaring at Vinny.

   Tash giggled a bit. “It's fine.”

   “Anyway,” Hailey said, “welcome to our humble little home. Would you like anything to eat?”

   Tash shook her head. “No thanks. Tobias gave me a pretty big breakfast.”

   “Well, how about a drink?” Walt offered. “We have coffee, tea, juice, whatever you prefer.”

   “I think I’ll just have some water,” Tash replied.

   “I’ll go get you a glass,” Hailey said, standing up off the couch. She turned and made her way to the kitchen. It was right next to the living room with no walls between them. The floor was what appeared to be a shiny bamboo wood. In the center of the room was an island made of light tan wood and a dark gray countertop. It had a wide sink and a tall, curved, silver water faucet poised over the bowl. In the far corner of the room was a tall, shiny gray refrigerator. Along one side of the room was a large, black stove and oven. Hanging above it on the wall was a microwave and numerous wooden cabinets. And between the cabinets and stove was a window, brilliant sunlight filtering through.

   Hailey opened the door to one of the cabinets up on the wall, reached inside, and took out a clear glass. She then shut the door and walked to the sink, where she turned on the faucet and filled the glass with water. Seconds later, she turned the water off, walked back into the living room, and presented Tash with the glass full of water.

   “Here you go,” Hailey said.

   Tash took the glass into her hands, smiling warmly. She then brought it to her lips and took a couple of sips from it. “Thank you,” she said. “That feels so much better.”

   “Of course,” Hailey said, sitting back down

   “I take it you were rather thirsty?” Vinny asked.

   “Mmm-hmm,” Tash responded, nodding before she started to drink again.

   As I stood there, I felt glad that Tash was getting along so well with everybody else. In fact, she looked completely peaceful, rather than being nervous or timid. It seemed that she had started to become comfortable being around us. And in a short amount of time, no less.

   Which begs the question, was she just comfortable enough at that time to tell us how she wound up on the riverbank unconscious? Obviously, that's the mystery everyone wanted to solve. It's what everyone wants to know. We definitely knew who and perhaps where, but not when or why. Of course, on the one hand, we could ask her now, but I felt that if we did she would grow uncomfortable or feel like we were asking her to do too much after risking her life by being carried by the rushing water and, just a few moments after waking up, coming downstairs to a room full of strangers. But on the other hand, we could ask her and she would be totally okay with explaining everything. As I said before, she did look like she was comfortable around us. So maybe she wouldn't mind being questioned.

   However, on the foot (is that even a thing?) if we do not ask her, she could very well tell us all about it without having to be asked. Granted it would probably take a long while, but she could eventually speak up. Yet, on the other foot, if we don’t ask her, she would not say anything.