A story that only one person survives

Note: The picture isn't related at all but I made it in like 40 minutes on my phone lol enjoy.

"What do we do Tamade-sama? The enemy is making their move and our troops aren't strong enough to hold them back!" A knight speaks. The king ponders for a solution, finding nothing.

"We will just have to try to hold them back as best we can. If possible, get everyone else in the kingdom to evacuate." The king replies.

Kingdom Suilen is under attack by the very forces it had allied with. The king, Chiaki Tamade, had made a deal with the wrong force and his kingdom is paying the price.

"So, so called 'Undefeatable King'~ What are you going to do now~? Your kingdom is going to fall~" The wind whispers into the king's ear. He understands that it is not truly the wind, but the force he had unwittingly trusted.

What a fool was he to believe that this force behind his newfound power would last forever. Now, as his kingdom burned to the ground he was one last duty to fulfil before it truly fell.

He leaves his throne room and heads off to a much smaller, less spacious room. At first, he sees no one. Then, he calls out "Chiyu! Come here!" A small girl with tiny cat ears on her head peeks her head out from under the bed.

"You called for me, father?" The child steps out from beneath the bed, dusting herself off in the process. She looked up expectantly at the king, waiting for him to speak.

"We... we have to leave the kingdom immediately. Follow me." The king takes hold of the cat demihuman's hand and leads her off to a ruined cellar located at the basement of the castle, floor covered by a cheap dirty rug. "We can't go by the front gate, okay? So please just quietly follow me." He pushes the rug in front of them away, revealing a trap door.

A loud roar could be heard, and before Chiyu could ask what was going on, the king opened the trap door and pushed her inside. The hole was not deep enough to hurt her from the fall but still deep enough for her to be unable to climb back out. The king crouches down to her, "Listen here, okay Chiyu? I won't be able to follow you down there. But please, follow the tunnel until you see the light on the other side. There is where you will begin anew."

Just as the king was about to close the trap door, another person ran into the room. A knight. "Tamade-sama! ChuChu-sama!" She made herself known, the trainee knight and self-proclaimed personal guard of Chiyu. "I saw you come down here! The kingdom is in complete ruin!" There was the update the king needed.

"Ah, Reona. Normally I would not trust such an important task to a trainee knight such as you, but it seems that now I have no choice. At this rate, our kingdom will fall. So please, follow my daughter through that tunnel and protect her." The king looked desperate, she truly was his last hope.

Seeming to have noticed the gravity of his task, Reona's tone dipped. "I understand, Tamade-sama. I shall protect ChuChu-sama with all of my being!" She made a vow, and jumped down the hole to join Chiyu.

"Now, run! Leave the castle and do not turn back!" With that, they fled. Now, with the princess gone along with her knight, the king turned back. The shadow returns to taunt him.

"Ooh~ Nice going, allowing the princess to leave through such a narrow space~ Now there's nowhere to run or dodge once they inevitably get cornered by one of my troops~" The king realized that he had made a grave mistake, but no longer had the power to panic. The beast was in control, now.

-----

They ran, and ran, and never looked back. They did not notice how ruined the castle was. They did not know of the state of the rubble. They did not realize how the kingdom had already completely gone under the shadow's control.

But maybe, perhaps. That was just because they had other problems to deal with as well. After what they assumed was about halfway through the tunnel, a beast covered in a dark aura attacked them. It was surrounded by a black mist, concealing it almost completely. But if they squinted hard enough they could see that it looked to be in the shape of a sabertooth.

It was repeating the same command over and over again, "Capture the princess, eliminate all who stand in my way." There was no escaping a fight here. Sure enough, Reona charged in, blade in hand and ready to strike down whatever stood in their way.

"Pareo! Don't, please! It's too dangerous, you might die..." But that warning fell on deaf ears. Chiyu knew, Reona was taking her orders seriously and she would either protect Chiyu or die trying.

"ChuChu-sama! Please leave! I will return to look for you after I deal with this beast!" She didn't want to, but knew she had to. Chiyu ran past the ongoing fight and ran forth without her companion. Now, she was truly alone to fend for herself. She feels a wetness on her cheeks. What's this...? When did she start crying? Come to think of it... When had she last felt this way?

She had no idea where she was headed, but she knew one thing. She was going to reclaim her kingdom, no matter the cost. And return it to the glory it once was before. For everyone's sake.

Word Count: 926
A/N: I wanted to get this out on Halloween but got too distracted with tiering the jp event (t5000!!) and playing Slime Rancher!! Sorry! It's still gotta be 31st October somewhere else though, right? Anyway it's obviously ooc bc we don't really have much on RAS. I hope this isn't too bad though! Even though it's not Halloween anymore I'll still continue this! The prompts list will continue too!

Posted: 1/11/2019