.changes & committees

Start from the beginning

━━━━━━━━

Octavia had woken up the next day to find out about the events that took place last night. The power had gone out causing everyone to raid ships for flashlights but it had turned into something more. A car had been blown up, windows were broken and shops were broken into. A riot had been started and had left the town in a worse state then it already was. It had made Octavia feel very unsafe, they hadn't been there for long and already things we're going wrong.

There was another gathering in the church that morning, but this time only for the girls. Even though she didn't want to go she forced herself, she didn't want to get on the wrong side of anyone, especially Cassandra, there was a lot of people that agreed with her for whatever reason and Octavia didn't want them to turn on her either.

"Boys that we though we knew destroyed those stores last night. And if we don't do something male testosterone is going to be the end of us," Cassandra started her speech.

"Is that why it's just girls here?" Helena asked, obviously curious as to why there was no boys to be seen at all in the room.

"Right now its just pillage, but how long until someone's raped walking home one night and no one gives a shit because that's just how it is?" Cassandra carried on.

Octavia had never liked Cassandra, but she disliked her even more now that she seemed to think that she was running the place. Every meeting that had been held so far seemed to be ran by her and her sister.

"I'm sorry no one wanted to date you in high school, Cassandra, but this war on men feels a little extra," Gwen stated, someone had finally said what Octavia didn't have the guts to say herself.

"Shut the fuck up, Gwen," Kelly had fired back to her.

"Everything that kept us safe is gone. There isn't anyone to say no. And when you stop hearing no, you begin to think you can do anything. Women aren't safe in a world that's run by brute force and stupidity." Cassandra broke the silence that had been caused by Kelly.

"If we want peace, we need order. And to the order, we need to exert our power," she had finally finished her speech. Everyone eventually got up and left the church. A part of Octavia knew where Cassandra was coming from, even though she hated to admit it, no one was safe anymore, in this new world they were in, anything could happen, anyone could do anything and there wouldn't be any punishments for it. In this world it seemed like sin didn't exist, anyone was capable of anything and she would be lying to herself if she said she wasn't scared.

Later that day Octavia found herself in their schools hall. It appeared as if they had started setting up prom and people wanted it to still happen, despite what was going on.

"What's all this?" She asked, making her way towards Grizz and Kelly.

"Uh, prom," Grizz looked at his friend.

"Prom?"

"You can't be serious. You're deciding to put prom on after everything that's happened, there a lot more to worry about right now why are you worrying about prom," she laughed.

"It would be a good distraction, plus it's one night, surely we can get back to figuring out why we're here once it's over, I think it's what people need," Kelly told her.