What are the No Win No Fee Claims?

Lawsuits are being filed every day. Some of them might be for genuine reasons like accident claims, wrongful termination, etc. but some are outrightly ridiculous. Filing a lawsuit is not an easy task. Even when you are filing for bankruptcy, hiring a lawyer will cost you. Thus, in such times when hearing about No win No fee claim makes people curious. How is it possible that lawyers will leave their fees, especially if they are putting in time and effort in the case?

In case of a No win No fee claim, the arrangement between the lawyer and the client is based on a conditional understanding, where you don't have to pay the lawyer a contingency fee if the claim is not successful. For the client, this is an ideal situation as they don't have to worry about paying the lawyers their consultation fees. Surprisingly, there are no hidden clauses attached to the No win No fee claim. If the client doesn't win any compensation, they don't need to pay any fees. Usually, this option is available for different types of claims like personal injury sustained from slip and fall, work accident, traffic accident or medical negligence.

Do No win No fee claim work?

One of the major concerns people have when hiring a lawyer with a No win No fee claim disclaimer is that how exactly do the lawyers compensate for the work done if they fail to win the case. The lawyers generally take an insurance policy on the client's behalf prior to starting the case. This policy covers any and all costs which are sustained during the entire compensation claim. Money is required to get medical reports, file court fees, and other related expenses. These expenses are not charged from the client who has filed for compensation.

In case the compensation claim filed by the client is successful, any costs incurred during the legal representation (legal and basic costs) are recovered from the person or company responsible for the client's injuries. The remaining fees are taken from the compensation that is accorded to the client. Generally, this fee is in terms of the percentage of the success fee.

No win No fee claim is an excellent way to get adequate representation without worrying about the fees. Since lawyers get fees as a percentage of success, they make sure they don't lose.