Chapter Thirteen --unedited

Start from the beginning

Abigail signed in frustration. "Mikko doesn't want to make this harder. It's hard enough between the two of you as it is."

I started walking towards Abigail. "Don't get involved in this. I'm just starting to like you, don't change that."

It took a moment of staring to get her to move. Werewolves were very aware of unspoken communication. If I had backed down and not held my gaze with Abigail, she would've won. But being that I am connected to Mikko as I am, she couldn't stare me down for long.

I walked past Abigail.

"Looks like Mikko's going to get an earful," Abigail said as she leaned against the door frame. 

I looked back to see JJ give her a once over before shrugging. I ignored it. I really didn't care. What was going on between JJ and I was nothing serious, if he wanted to upgrade to a tough werewolf, I'd let him go. 

I stopped.

This wasn't worth the fight with Mikko. If I was willing to let JJ go, then it wasn't worth it.

"I can wait until they're gone." I tilted my head in JJ's direction. "There's always time to argue with Mikko later."

Abigail gave a satisfied nod. "Let's go keep an eye on those babies."

I followed Abigail to the living room while JJ followed us. 

They were gone two hours later. The alpha was itching to escape from Finn's territory. I couldn't blame him. 

I don't know how Finn's wives ever had a chance with arguing with him. 

Though, I pondered, is that what people thought when Mikko and I argued?

While the kids were napping from an excited two hours of play, I got up and walked over to Mikko, who was feigning a nap on. I tapped his shoulder, he opened an eye, and I pointed out of the room. With a sigh, he carefully got up and followed me out of the living room. 

"I hope you're not planning on arguing with me about that pack's departure."

I shrugged as I did my best not to make eye contact with him. He would see that I really had wanted to argue with him about it, but I was just too tired. 

"I don't want to argue," I stated truthfully. "I want to know why you keep things from me."

Mikko's brows furrowed together.

I could feel the frustrated it's-none-of-your-business on the tip of his tongue.

He growled, frustrated, and stood up. I was surprised he was able to hold his tongue.

"Let's go to the room upstairs." It wasn't a suggestion, so I bent and listened.

He was willing to talk to me, I couldn't pass up the opportunity trying to talk in that spot.

We went up to the room that was designated as Mikko's when we had to stay at Finn's home. The room was on the other side of the second floor from Finn's room. I'm sure that was intentional. I knew it was hard for dominate wolves to be together. If they weren't father and son, they would be rivals and unable to talk about anything.

Mikko shut the door behind himself.

I stood in the middle of the room. I needed pacing room. I would have to summon up all the patience I had to get through this conversation.

"First," Mikko said coming towards me.

I didn't move away from him. I stayed completely still.

He reached into my shirt at the collar. He stepped one step closer, causing his body to touch my protruding stomach. His fingers traced from my collarbone to the back of my neck. When he pulled his hand up and away from me, I felt the necklace move over my skin.