9. The one with the second date

This date is quite a surprise. He doesn't even give me time to dress up, to get my hair done or my make-up. To look pretty for him. But he doesn't care, he says he wants to spend time with me. 'You're beautiful just the way you are, Meredith! I just want to take you out.' Those are his words and I can't deny, it's really sweet and makes my whole face red. 

'Where are we going?' He takes my hand and takes me down the stairs of the building. 'Where would you like to go?' He asks, his eyes bright and quickly stealing a kiss. Where would I like to go? So many options but honestly, I don't really care. 'I don't know. Have a bite somewhere?' He looks at me, his eyes bright. 'That's a great idea! I'm starving.' Isn't he always?

He takes me to a small place somewhere near Central Park. It's an Italian place that serves the best pizza, according to him. I let him go on and on about it and about the people that work there. Upon entering the place, I see he wasn't exaggerating. They really do know him well. 

It's not your average restaurant where you sit and dine together. It's more like a take away place. There are seats of course but that's more for waiting. While Joey orders, I take a seat and gaze at him, standing by the counter. He really is so cute when he smiles. I really want to fall in love with him and a part of me can't stop that, no matter how hard I would fight against it. But still, what will prevent him from hooking up with other girls? 

He comes back with a pizza box, the smell making my mouth water. 'Come. I know a quiet place.' Joey says and takes me by the hand, and holds a cab. I ask him where he's taking me but he just answers that I'll see. I'm curious. What is this place?

It's not a long drive and we pull up near the water. Not on a beach and not necessarily the harbor either. It's quiet here, not a soul to be seen. 'I come here from time to time to be alone.' He says when the cab has left and we stand there, gazing out over the water. 'It's nice here.' I say with a smile on my lips. 

Together we sit down, our legs dangling above the water. The pizza box between us, evenly split in half. We talk about whatever comes to mind. Getting to know each other more, laughing about silly jokes. I'm surprised how genuine this feels and in this moment I'm truly and very happy. I don't want this to end. 

I stare at him when we're done eating, finding his eyes and making him feel awkward in a good way. Not on purpose but because I like him so much. 'What is it, Meredith?' He asks, his cheeks slightly rosy colored. 'It's nothing.' I smile and look away. But then I cringe at myself for shrugging it off so I push the pizza box away and carefully straddle him, looking out so I won't fall into the water. And taking him with me. 

His arms immediately slide around my waist, holding me tightly while smiling up at me. Without letting him speak, I lean down and capture his lips with mine. A soft, content groan leaves his lips as he kisses me back. I let my hands wrap around his neck, my fingertips playing with his hair. 

The kiss is so delicate, so promising. His hand goes over my body, pulling me closer against him while gently squeezing my ass. I grin against his lips before breaking away. 'Go out with me.' He whispers, leaning in to kiss me again. 'We are going out.' I say, both my hands going through his hair now. 'Again. Go out with me again and again and again.' He is now peppering my neck with kisses and soft love bites. 'Gladly.' I softly moan, tugging at the collar of his jacket. I like how the mood has shifted and now I can't wait to have him in my bed.