Chapter 23: Severed (切断された)

Question of the day: Are you going off of the manga since the anime is finished???

Answer: Yes, so at first when I started writing this story, I started going off from the anime. But as soon as I got caught up to a certain episode, I knew I didn't want to wait for the next upcoming episode, so I went ahead to the manga. So as you can see obviously I've been ahead since the anime started taking a break.

"You're different, man. Different from all the other pillars I've killed up to now. You two were probably born special, chosen talent. The envy, man. I just wanna end you two this instant" Gyuutarou says.

Uzui took a moment to sink in what he said, then you felt his frustration rise. You wouldn't lie, if you felt the same too.

"Talent? Hah. Do I look like I have some kind of talent? If that's how you see someone like us, then you must have had a pretty wonderful life. Living a hundred, yet you shut yourself up in this place. I'm not surprised you don't know how the world works"

"There are many amazing people out there, people that I know that are stronger than me or others in different ways. And don't say I was born special, you don't know what my world looked like" you said.

You mysteriously started to feel a bit off. Like your legs were giving up on you, and you felt like you wanted to throw up blood.

"So this whole chosen bullshit? Don't mess with us. How many lives do you think we all had slipped under our fingers!" Uzui says.

"Gnngh, why are you two still alive? My blood sickle is full of deadly poison. I mean, she doesn't look so good, but you haven't dropped dead, right? Riiight!" Gyuutarou scratches his skin deep, but he points at you.

Your condition wasn't looking so hot. This raised Uzui's worry for you a bit more. Not only did you had a deep cut in your back, that's probably getting infected, but the poison is kicking in to your body.

"(Y/—!"
"Don't worry, I'm stopping the poison slowly with my breaths, just focus" you said.
You reassure Uzui and he nods.

Even though Uzui was a shinobi, he was immune to poison, but the poison started to kick in slowly in his system to.

But he knew to stand tall, even if you said you were going to be ok, he was gonna stick by and watch over you.

He'd bet his life, and do what he can.

Gyuutarou stares at Uzui, and starts to smile.
"Hee, hee, hee. Well, would you look at that. The poison's working slow and steady. That whole "not working" thing was a bluff, wasn't it. Laaame"

"U-Uzui..."
"No it's not working at all. How about I dance for ya? I'm in tip-top shape, and I could eat a hundred tempura bowls! Flamboyantly!"

Uzui swings his weapons on the two demons. He kicks the female demon in the air, disconnecting the two.

This gave you on opening on the female demon.
"Don't you dare kick my sister!"
"You piece of shit!"

Black orbs started to come out again, Uzui cuts them up making a huge explosion.

With that the demon siblings were way apart, and with the female demon paying no attention to you, this gave you an opportunity to slice her head.

In Uzui's side, he made little progress into cutting the other one's head off. It only made such a little cut.

"Tsk..."
"Tch, I missed the chance to kill him" Uzui said.

"Uugh! My head got cut off again! You bitch! You fucking bitch! You're gonna so pay! Why am I the only one getting cut up!"