Come together

(Midnight)

There was an odd haze in the night sky.

Something dark was lurking.

They were being watched, of that he was almost certain. But he wouldn't voice his thoughts, especially to the men surrounding him.

Frost proceeded to drive the sleek, dark sedan on the rainy streets of Gotham. God, when didn't it rain here? It definitely set the tone for a darker, more melancholic mood. Kinda like Washington. No wonder crime rates would skyrocket spasmodically.

All of a sudden, he was cut off by a large, white, armored truck. It came out of nowhere and Frost barely regained control of the skidding sedan. He heard a growl from the back seat.

"What the fuck." The man who sat behind him bit.

"Sorry, boss. Asshole came out of nowhere." Frost explained, keeping his sights on the van.

With a huff, his boss grabbed the edge of the seat and flung forward. "Then go chase it!" He bit before fixing his green hair, slicking it back and sitting back in his seat.

"But boss, we're gonna be late to the meeting." Frost said.

He heard a growl from his boss's throat. "If you weren't right about that, you'd be slumped over the steering wheel."

Frost sighed, ignoring his boss's remarks. He was no stranger to them.

He had worked for the Joker ever since he could remember. This was all second nature to the man. The only difference was that Frost had acquired a few wrinkles and white hairs. His boss had not. The magic of a vat of chemicals.

Joker knew his subordinates were growing old, but that was no excuse. The clown would so easily put them down and experiment with new lab rats, but as much as the thought appealed to him, Frost was a valuable asset he wasn't planning on tossing away so easily. The man was the closest thing to family Joker had. He would never admit this, but the clown even feared how much Frost knew about him.
He had saved Joker countless times, and for that, the clown had a soft spot for the goon, so very, very deep in his heart. So deep, in fact, that you could deny it was ever even real.

Once they reached their destination, Frost parked the vehicle and proceeded to exit the car. Holding his boss's door open, Frost allowed Joker to exit the car and walked behind him towards the large doors of the museum.

Gotham Natural Museum of Science, to be exact.

As Joker and a few of his men walked, they were greeted by The Penguin and The Riddler.

"Well if it isn't chuckles," The Riddler laughed. Joker glared at the aging man but grinned.

"Ahh, grandpa Riddler. Nice to see you staggering through Gotham without your wheelchair." Joker said as if he was impressed. He then turned his attention to The Penguin.

"Oswald. A little more to ya around the midsection but still the same ol' flightless bird," Joker grinned.

Oswald quickly took offense.

"Back-handed compliments usually get people the backhand." The Penguin said through clenched teeth.

" The Penguin said through clenched teeth