Chapter Four Karaoke

(A/N This chapter will have a lot of song lyrics (They'll be in italics unless they're being quoted). I don't own any of them. I will also have the singer react to the words unless it's a duet, because that would be confusing. So if the P.O.V. changes and the character sings alone, they will be thinking in between verses.)

Sophie's P.O.V.
   My whole world is a mess. I can't make sense of anything. Who am I? Am I broken? My head fills with a voice and I know it's like a swan song. Even if you go INSANE, this song is now in your brain, and in your brain it will remain. This song is now stuck inside your head... I know I didn't make that up. It's a real song. This is weird. Am I dead or am I dreaming? Like I said, weird. I can't make much more sense of anything. The only thing I can see is the building on fire, Oralie's sobbing, the dark night, (A/N I told you this would be a punny story. You can imagine this two ways. A literal dark night, or Keefe's Batman shirt.) Brant surrounding me in flames and me calling Dex on my panic switch, involving Marella in our dangerous quests when her life is already dangerous enough...

   A mind enters my own. I can't tell who it is. Heck, I can barely think. I just know someone's in my head.

   Sophie, that someone transmits. I want it to be you! You're the only person I trust! I need you! I can practically hear the sadness in the transmit. I don't know how to respond. I feel a calming blue breeze before my mind splinters even more.

Keefe's P.O.V.
   I can't believe Sophie's broken. She's supposed to have an unbreakable mind! She's the Mysterious Miss F. She's my Foster! The one person that understands me is gone. I try my best to only send her calming and hopeful emotions, but I know longing found its way in.

   After an eternity, I try to give Fitz a reassuring smirk, but his eyes are closed in concentration, sweat rolling down his neck. He's becoming desperate.

Fitz's P.O.V.
   I know there must be a way to save Sophie. She's my Cognate after all. I'm starting to feel hopeless, when one of the Apollo kids begins to play a song. It's calming and easy going. Don't worry. Be happy. It sounds enough like my father that I find my determination return. Somehow, I find the words to transmit. It's been a long day without you my friend. I'll tell you all about it when I see you again.

   Sophie's eyes popped open, a smile on her face. "We've come a long way from where we began. Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again," she continues.

   "You did it," Keefe breathed.

   "What did Fitz do?"

   "I healed you," I said, before pulling her into a hug. "Come on, everyone wants to see you."
=============Time Skip==============

Sophie's P.O.V.
   Everyone was excited to see me. Fitz got a few congratulations, but mostly my friends just hovered around me.

   "Why?" Biana asked. "Why were you affected by guilt just now. That happened years ago, and you've been exposed to fires so many times before, some of them everblaze."

   "I know, but there's a lot our group has been through involving fire, and that unsuspecting feeling before the flames come is an uncommon memory."

   The girl named Piper came over to us. "Hey, we were going to have a karaoke night, if you wanted to join."

My friends and I, the prophesized seven (I had no idea how I knew to call them that), and Nico were sitting in the Big House. We had no problems singing alone, together, or with someone from Camp. It was awesome.