1

There we were, lying on Bill's floor a few inches apart. Bev by me and Mike by him. Stan and Bill sleep in the same bed and Ben sleeps next to Bev. I've been trying to sleep but I can't. For the past hour I've been lying on hardwood flooring, counting the stars on his bedroom ceiling. I feel stuck in place, that if I move I'd suddenly curl into a pretzel. I look over at Eddie and he's staring at me. His blue eyes staring into my soul, the good way though. His freckles light up his face and his lips are the perfect shade of pink. His whole body is amazing, I wish he would let me see it all.

"Richie." He whispers sending chills down my spine. I could do it right now, lean in and break the distance. Hold him close in Bill's cold room. I feel myself lean closer and I see him smirk. He cuddles into me, but he's still looking into my eyes. I feel something in me change, something clicks in my brain but I can't put my finger on it. He makes me feel euphoric. He makes me feel magical.

Love is the word.

I love him.

I look down and can't help but staring at his lips.

"Ed-" He leans in, breaking the distance. It's soft and nice. I can feel the chapstick he applied before we went to sleep. His breathing is easy and slow. I could stay here, watching his eyelashes flutter and his cheek turn pink. We stop to breathe and I can't help but look at him. Holy fuck. I just kissed my best friend. He kissed me first. Eddie kissed me first. I look into his eyes before grabbing his face and kissing it again. It's beautiful. He's warm in a world of cold and dark people. He's the most magical thing to walk Earth. I never want to let go of this, to stop kissing him. It's truly magnificent.

we rest our foreheads together suddenly more tired than we've ever been before.

"I hate that I fucking love you so much." He laughs and kisses me again.

"I hate-love you too, Richie."