Her happiness was evident.

Monica almost scowled at her daughter who'd just said she would be spending 'good alone time' with Sucre but caught herself in time. She shook her head and went into her room to change, packing up her files in the process. What would they do when she was away anyway? Quickly heading into the shower, Monica prepared for her date and got dressed. Her date had asked her to dress in a simple outfit because they would be seeing some fun places and she needed to be relaxed.

"Daddy's here!"

Monica heard them talking in the center room but just took her time to get ready, jumping into the shower. After finishing, she started going through her closet for something nice to wear. The time was already past eleven and the time she would be picked up was still at one pm. Monica finally decided on what she was going to wear.

She put on a white dress that reached just above the knee. She chose black sandal heels and a small and sleek white clutch purse to go with it. Then after spraying her perfume and making sure she had put on a light makeup, she added some light jewelry with her silver stoned wristwatch and knew she was finally good to go.

Leaving her room, Monica came into the room to find Sucre tossing a giggling Stephanie in the air. She smiled while staring at the duo. Her heart was filled with contentment. It was great to have her baby daddy and daughter in the same room, playing together.

She chuckled and slowly walked towards them. Stephanie had just been thrown in the air when Sucre caught sight of the figure approaching them. Quickly, he collected her and pecked her forehead before placing her down.

Monica eyed Sucre's outfit and licked her lower lip in appreciation. His hair was combed back neatly. He was in black shirt that hugged his torso firmly and dark blue jeans. He'd already changed from his shoes to flip-flops, which he'd known to be her tradition even far before he started spending the night over. That was how Monica was.

Take off your shoes at the doorstep, hang them on the shoe rack and then put on flip-flops before coming in. That was Monica's rule and it had to be followed. Her home, her rules.

"Look, mommy's here." Stephanie went and stood beside Monica, taking her hand.

"Doesn't mommy look pretty?" Sucre asked with a charming smile. He gazed down at Monica for only a few seconds and Monica understood that look. He loved her. He was telling her he loved her. That was the same look he usually gave her whenever he wanted to say those words and even among ten thousand people, he wouldn't have to vocalize it.

She shut out the thoughts, looking from father to daughter.

"Mommy looks pretty. Can you go now so I can play with daddy?" Stephanie faced her mom and gave her an inquisitive look while questioning Monica. Sucre and Monica looked at each other with wide eyes and they both turned to face an oblivious Stephanie.

Just like any other little child, she was more than eager to start her play session with her dad. She didn't even know if she'd said something wrong or not. All Stephanie knew was that it was time to play with daddy. And daddy loved singing with her too, whereas mommy sometimes slept off whenever the little girl was playing her songs on her iPad.

Sucre chuckled. "She'll go soon. I got you a doll with long hair like you said you wanted. We'll braid it together. The doll is in that pink bag, go and check it out, okay?"

Stephanie's eyes brightened. "Really? Thank you daddy. You're the best!" She grinned and ran over, not after making sure she'd planted two big pecks on Sucre's cheeks.

Sucre chuckled as he watched his daughter run off. The sight of her alone made his mood brighter.

He turned to face his wife who was staring at their daughter while the little girl ransacked his bag. How good would it be to have a nice family time like this? With your wife and daughter, cuddled up on the couch and having a nice Saturday?