Gasping, Monica quickly dabbed at her grandmother in-law's cheeks and eyelids softly with the napkin.

"You aren't disturbing me Nana, I promise. Not that I have any idea what you're talking about though." She shrugged and Nana smiled softly.

Her solemn expression had been immediately wiped off and anyone listening in on their conversation while watching them both would wonder if they'd seen wrong. If Nana's one time teary eyes had been merely a figment of their own imagination.

"You still haven't given me the answer. Remember the dating app I told you about?"

Monica slowly bit her upper lip. So that was why the woman had been looking so glum before.

"Oh. Yes, that. I've been a little busy... if not, I would have come to see you for that!" Her tone was still apologetic as she finally understood why her grandmother in-law had been laying emphasis on how she cared for her.

"I can arrange for a meeting, but I need to make sure you're ready. Also, the owner is quite interested, especially because I told him you're my grandson's ex wife." She smiled mischievously at her own well crafted explanation.

Monica frowned at Nana's explanation as a thought occurred to her.

"But I still don't understand something, Nana."

"What is that my dear?" Nana absentmindedly caressed her earring which had pearls at the center. Nana had always been a fashion guru and had never been seen dressing in anything that was out of style. She often matched her clothes with the needed accessories.

Even her sleeping attires were the current edition and they were mostly gifts from affiliated companies. They knew how influential Mrs. Ambrosia was and were all on her good side, pampering her and occasionally sending her this or that gift.

"Sucre is your grandson." Monica blurted.

"So?" Nana did a complicated eye roll, her expression showing that she was totally uncaring. "So what?"

"Shouldn't you be helping him mend his relationship with me?"

Nana smiled. "Have you ever heard of the saying, 'you don't know the value of what you have till you lose it?"

"Yes?"

"Well, Sucre has lost you and I want him to bear the brunt for it. How many years did you stay single after him?"

She instantly began to stutter under Nana's penetrating stare. "I- Well Nana-"

"Shh. How many years did you wait for him?" Nana probed.

Monica looked away. "I never dated since we were apart."

"It wasn't that you didn't want to date, but instead, you were waiting for him." Nana gave Monica a knowing smile. The younger lady was at loss for words. "You've always been waiting for that foolish grandson of mine, and I understand because that's what we call love. The heart wants what it wants, Monica. And that can't be truer. But when you've been holding on for too long, you have to let go."

There was iciness in Nana's tone, it shocked Monica to a few seconds of numbness. She stopped the movement of her hands as she froze.

Monica felt like a bucket of cold water had just been poured over her head.

She never thought the day would come when she would have to let Sucre go. She had always held onto him, deep in her heart she knew she still did.

Yes she had left him physically and even filed for divorce after a few months they were apart but she never really let him go. In her heart, Sucre was still the man she loved dearly, the one she would never stop loving.